Quasi-Baseless Speculation About New Material, Continued 'Wide Awake in Europe' etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that some of this article is just the journalist making assumptions.

A Boy Falls From The Sky on the album?

...why?

Or as the journalist called it "Boys Fall From the Sky" - sounds like a punk version of It's Raining Men.

I can't see any singles from the new songs played at the concerts. Maybe A Boy Falls From The Sky but thats about it. I think the boys need to knuckle down and write some new tunes for this new album IMO.

before anyone gets too exicted:

1. Paul McG said in December 2009 that a new U2 album should be out in June 2010. that did not happen.

2. Paul McG said this summer that a new album should be out by the end of the year. That is not happening.

1. Paul McG said in December 2009 that a new U2 album should be out in June 2010. that did not happen.

2. Paul McG said this summer that a new album should be out by the end of the year. That is not happening.

I believe #2 was something like "If I were wildly optimistic, I'd say we'll see an album before the end of the year"

News from u2tour.de:

"Wide awake in Europe" will be a live EP with 6 tracks from leg 3. It will only be available in the US, only on Vinyl and only in indie stores. Which tracks got picked, isn't known yet.

News from u2tour.de:

"Wide awake in Europe" will be a live EP with 6 tracks from leg 3. It will only be available in the US, only on Vinyl and only in indie stores. Which tracks got picked, isn't known yet.

Well we already know this is incorrect since the first source was an online retailer from the UK...:doh:

yep. just shows that Paul McG's quotes are anything but concrete, and he used the term "guessing" on this new quote.

i met paul mcguinness on the floor of the Izod Center during the Vertigo Tour. He gave the three of us wristbands for "the heart" as he drunkenly put it. We were pumped. We ran up to the front to go inside. They were the wrong wristbands.

The moral of this story is that Paul McGuinness is never to be trusted, for it is likely that he's drunk.

On amazon.co.uk it's declared as an import. And U2tour.de is known for good contacts and it's seriousness - they wouldn't write it if they hadn't any reliable information on this.

This really isn't making any sense at all. In the age of the internet live albums, especially EPs are useless. And secondly what is the point of the vinyl only idea? Guys, bands do this so that NEW songs don't get spread on the internet as quickly, you're missing the point if this is only live songs.

This really isn't making any sense at all. In the age of the internet live albums, especially EPs are useless. And secondly what is the point of the vinyl only idea? Guys, bands do this so that NEW songs don't get spread on the internet as quickly, you're missing the point if this is only live songs.

bands do this for record collectors. it's for the purists..

it's time to buy a turntable if you haven't yet already.

bands do this for record collectors. it's for the purists..

it's time to buy a turntable if you haven't yet already.

But not for live recordings.

I'm talking about Vinyl only releases, this is a fairly new plan and it's done in order to curb the spread of it on the internet. It slows it down a little that first week...

But not for live recordings.

I'm talking about Vinyl only releases, this is a fairly new plan and it's done in order to curb the spread of it on the internet. It slows it down a little that first week...

well let's see what we actually get for a track list.. maybe some will in fact be studio recordings.

I went from optimistic to mixed. :|:huh: Hopefully a EP or full album will come out, but as of now just alot of speculation, not knowing which source is right.

That's what I was thinking when I first heard it. I'm not getting my hopes up.

i'm not one bit surprised at the news that it's live only. that was my hunch the moment i saw the amazon posting last night. with that said, i wouldn't be surprised if one new song makes the cut.

News from u2tour.de:

So...an EP called Wide Awake In Europe won't be available in Europe? What the hell? :huh:
EDIT: Also, if it is US-only, why did we find out about its existence from amazon.co.uk?

Really? I heard the tracklisting would be as follows:
1) In A Little While (Live from Torino)
2) In A Little While (Live from Moscow)
3) In A Little While (Live from Rome)
4) In A Little While (Live from Paris)
Bonus track for iTunes preorders: In A Little While (Live from Coimbra)

:sad: I hate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom