Q Magazine - u2 on front cover and album review?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RademR

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The new issue of Q Magazine has u2 on the front cover, the picture on the site is small but it says in big letters WORLD EXCLUSIVE. On the website, it also says "U2 In The Studio
Yes, we've heard the album. No, we didn't nick it."

Anyone seen this issue? Does anyone know if a review is included? It says its on news stands now.

http://www.q4music.com/nav?page=q4music.about.currentissue

Damn, I wish I was in the UK. Has anyone seen it who would be generous enough to scan the pages and be loved here forever?

Elton John
He spends his evenings with blow-up bananas and a pole-dancing Pamela Anderson. And gets paid $750,000 to do it.

:scratch:

Rest of the cover headline says: "We've waited 25 years to make this record." They're back. And how.

Sounds like a favorable article... :yes:

Someone please scan this or type it or do whatever you must to have it on Interference ASAP!

Oh, I love Q! I need to find a bookstore. Does anyone know if it's on US stands yet?

madonna's child said:
Oh, I love Q! I need to find a bookstore. Does anyone know if it's on US stands yet?

i think i saw it the other day. but that might have been something else. it was q-sized and had u2 on the cover...

edit: clicked the link...actually, i think it was something else.

I was just at the mag. rack yesterday and didn't see it.

IWasBored... I think you saw the Q or Spin that was a celebration of the last 10 or 20 years of Rock - something like that. It's been on shelves for months.

username said:
I was just at the mag. rack yesterday and didn't see it.

IWasBored... I think you saw the Q or Spin that was a celebration of the last 10 or 20 years of Rock - something like that. It's been on shelves for months.

yeah, that's probably what it was. cos i remember thinking...isn't that an elevation picture?

The description of the magazine doesn't tie with that cover. The cover must be this months, but the description relates to last months Q. They had a little snipit about U2 last month and that 'yes we've herd the album, no we didn't nick it' tag line was from last month. Hopefully when they update the description we'll see a bit more of what's in it.

I think the review will be in next months (maybe even the month after that as it comes out so late in November), it's a wee bit early to review it this now I'd think. Hopefully we'll get a run down like NME did as well.

Very cool cover as well.

Lo-Fi said:
The description of the magazine doesn't tie with that cover. The cover must be this months, but the description relates to last months Q. They had a little snipit about U2 last month and that 'yes we've herd the album, no we didn't nick it' tag line was from last month. Hopefully when they update the description we'll see a bit more of what's in it.

The description is indeed last month's. I have that issue (as it came with a very good CD) and the description fits the contents.

I think the review will be in next months (maybe even the month after that as it comes out so late in November), it's a wee bit early to review it this now I'd think. Hopefully we'll get a run down like NME did as well.

This will probably be the case. Q rarely puts a cover article about a big name with a new album and a review of their record in the same article.
Still, I want to buy this one! :up:

C ya!

Marty

Hi there!

I have a copy in front of me.....oh boy. A 5-page article and HTDAAB, as described by the band themselves!!!!!

I'm starting a new thread so everyone knows.....:D

philod said:
Hi there!

I have a copy in front of me.....oh boy. A 5-page article and HTDAAB, as described by the band themselves!!!!!

I'm starting a new thread so everyone knows.....:D

Got it in front of me now - brilliant article - U2 describing each song in their own words - i.e. Adam says Vertigo was Native Son.. its a really long article - very difficult to type out but will try over course of day... am sure a link will come up soon enough

Back
Top Bottom