Q Magazine snippets - now Consolidated (Pics added 12/29/08 & 1/1/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Totally off topic at the mo, as I see the other thread is locked. I asked a mate who works in the Music biz about the Hey You debacle.

As I posted there many many many pages back, HMV or nobody else do not have any copy of this album YET.

Just a a FYI incase we get another Hey You......... It is currently SO TIGHTLY guarded and no track listing will be released YET as it is still changing :doh: The LP is NOT at the presses YET.

Carry on :flirt:

Totally off topic at the mo, as I see the other thread is locked. I asked a mate who works in the Music biz about the Hey You debacle.

As I posted there many many many pages back, HMV or nobody else do not have any copy of this album YET.

Just a a FYI incase we get another Hey You......... It is currently SO TIGHTLY guarded and no track listing will be released YET as it is still changing :doh: The LP is NOT at the presses YET.

Wow--what would prompt U2 to set a date without figuring out the songs to include (or even just the tracklist)? Seems a tad foolish. Maybe they realized that they would work on it forever unless they set a date (I believe Edge actually said as much in one of the interviews from a few weeks ago).

MY GOD PEOPLE, it was ONE fricking photo shoot at the beginning of a campaign and we have NO idea if he's going to continue this or not. Why is everybody having a cow over a little experimentation? Adam clearly stated that Bono has not settled on an image yet and is exploring different things. Give the boys a chance to get started before slaughtering them. The world is not going to come to an end if Bono wears eyeliner and dresses like Charlie Chaplin. It really should be about the music after all and if you like that then why would you care what Bono looks like?
:huh:

Dana

MY GOD PEOPLE, it was ONE fricking photo shoot at the beginning of a campaign and we have NO idea if he's going to continue this or not. Why is everybody having a cow over a little experimentation? Adam clearly stated that Bono has not settled on an image yet and is exploring different things. Give the boys a chance to get started before slaughtering them. The world is not going to come to an end if Bono wears eyeliner and dresses like Charlie Chaplin. It really should be about the music after all and if you like that then why would you care what Bono looks like?
:huh:

Dana

Umm, maybe because there's nothing else to discuss at the moment? :lol:

what rhymes with nothing?

Lothing?

i definitely get that tight lipped feeling also. the fact that we don't even have any info about what the first single will be (though there's speculation) shows me that the band is planning on being very secretive.

Wow--what would prompt U2 to set a date without figuring out the songs to include (or even just the tracklist)? Seems a tad foolish. Maybe they realized that they would work on it forever unless they set a date (I believe Edge actually said as much in one of the interviews from a few weeks ago).

They set November, and that really was going to be the release date then put it back for that very reason, they scrapped stuff etc.

I was told it is immenant, they needed to buy time and put a deadline to stop them changing their minds again like they did in November. When you hear they struck a creative vein, they were not kidding! The only reason they wrapped up, was because Olympic was closing, that forced the issue :sexywink:

New year new news methinks. And NO I don't know anything, nor will I pretend. I don't tend to speak to my freind about them too much because I don't want them to think I only want inside info -Yes I do, but I don't - if that makes sense? :huh:

as a musician that has made an album with a band before, i can agree that the hardest process of making an album is knowing when to stop. and then when you stop, you're depressed because it's too late to make changes, and you just thought of the coolest thing to put into a song.

one good thing that comes from this is that you can incorporate new ideas into the live show, which is one thing U2 has taken advantage of many times (Mysterious Ways, Until The End Of The World, Please, just to name a few).

IT SUITED THE MUSIC, .

And who knows: This new style may suit the music as well. In fact, before the last 2 albums that seemed a major consideration going back to ... well always if you think about it. The overalls and jeans during The Joshua Tree Era was quite contrived considering how they looked prior.

That said, these pics do not depict anything drastic in my view. Aside from the eyeliner, it's quite tame and non-threatening from a fashionable stand point.

I don’t quite get what the problem is.

a) It’s a Q shoot, not a formal band shoot, so it doesn’t necessarily mean this is a new look, more likely just one stylists ‘great’ idea.

b) Exactly what were U2 supposed to wear in front of that Popmart screen? How did outlandish anime-style cartoon outfits not make perfect sense to you? Their 80s get up was consistently far more ridiculous. I never really got an Amish vibe from the Joshua Tree, personally.

c) MacPhisto wouldn’t have worked if he didn’t play the character so brilliantly. I know and understand that it’s extreme and silly for a casual observer, but it was pure gold for anyone right into it all. Watching MacPhisto doing that Lemon/With Or Without You double is about as naked as I think you’ll ever see Bono on stage.

d) ‘Unhinged’ is soooo 2008 though. Sooo not 2009. :wink:

brit%20umbrella.jpg

Heath-Ledger-Joker-large.jpg

u2 can be also naked if they want. the most important thing is that keep to make the greatest and fucking music of ever.

Back
Top Bottom