Q Magazine snippets - now Consolidated (Pics added 12/29/08 & 1/1/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About the make-up/style/whatever:

You people bitch waaaaaaaaaaay too much, but meh, it would not be an internet forum if no one did....

About the pics:

THANK YOU Windylad and Sicy THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! But will.i.am is kinda sad to see no pics of him. Now that's he has been officialy accepted as a member of the band he's expecting some love :rockon: :shh:

About the Chris Martin pic:

:yikes:

He was in his 30s.

After a decade of playing it straight, he's trying to recapture his past insanity, which is like Ned Flanders putting on a funny hat in an attempt to freak people out. It ain't working for me.

Hmm, you call small piece of black paint on his eyes insanity? so what are his previous characters then

I hate to break it to you but if you were 16 or 17 in 1992 you would have said the same thing of Bono as a 30 year old. The only difference is that his image then would have freaked you out even more than it is now.

I don't want to go over this ad infinitum, but you've got to admit that The Fly was cool. The glasses/leather hadn't been played out by Bono, IT SUITED THE MUSIC, and the personality was badass. I can understand how his Macphisto image could be embarrassing for some, but it was for a character, which had a considered personality to go along with it. Unless "middle aged rock star going through his mother's makeup kit simply because he can" is a new character they're cooking up, seeing this look on a regular basis would be tough to swallow. Of course, this is a moot point, because he's not going to stick with this look for more than one or two photo shoots. I have no idea why we're even still talking about this. :lol:

And that's the point. He's saying "I'm breaking out a new image". It's not him trying to recapture his past image(s).

How is him wearing eyeliner and a hat anything new? He's done it multiple times in the past (which is why some have been able to make parallels with past looks), but it just looks worse because it's been played out, and because he's older now. Again, the other looks were more fresh and made sense within the context of the album and tour.

I don't want to go over this ad infinitum, but you've got to admit that The Fly was cool. The glasses/leather hadn't been played out by Bono, IT SUITED THE MUSIC, and the personality was badass. I can understand how his Macphisto image could be embarrassing for some, but it was for a character, which had a considered personality to go along with it. Unless "middle aged rock star going through his mother's makeup kit simply because he can" is a new character they're cooking up, seeing this look on a regular basis would be tough to swallow. Of course, this is a moot point, because he's not going to stick with this look for more than one or two photo shoots. I have no idea why we're even still talking about this. :lol:

How is him wearing eyeliner and a hat anything new? He's done it multiple times in the past (which is why some have been able to make parallels with past looks), but it just looks worse because it's been played out, and because he's older now. Again, the other looks were more fresh and made sense within the context of the album and tour.

Well...we haven't heard the album yet :hmm:

And I liked his look...wait til Chris Martin do it, THEN it will be creepy

Eyeliner (only), yes, it is new for Bono. The hat ? Of course not (and I did say he should lose it, along with the umbrella). Age should not be a factor, it's whether or not he can pull it off. He can. It looks badass from where I'm looking. It will only look bad if he does it on tour and it gets smudged acros his face.

The shades were played out. The leather jackets were played out. And U2 will still probably do both. As have plethora of rock bands. :shrug:

the fly will be always the best moment image of carrer of bono. but this not mean that the others are fake like me.

I would actually like to see Eyeliner Man become a character on the No Puns On The Horizon tour. He could be an allegory for selling out, and Edge could be The Eternal Flame of Rock N' Roll.

They can do battle every night during Until The End Of The World.

I don't want to go over this ad infinitum, but you've got to admit that The Fly was cool. The glasses/leather hadn't been played out by Bono, IT SUITED THE MUSIC, and the personality was badass.

I've had no issues with his images throughout the years. I like to see what he's going to do next and don't take these things so seriously. You on the other hand have been complaining about the eyeliner since day 1.

And btw, you haven't heard the album so you have no idea if it will "SUIT THE MUSIC" sufficiently for you to accept the eyeliner.

I would actually like to see Eyeliner Man become a character on the No Puns On The Horizon tour. He could be an allegory for selling out, and Edge could be The Eternal Flame of Rock N' Roll.

They can do battle every night during Until The End Of The World.

Larry could be Tony Blair and fight on Bono's side

I've had no issues with his images throughout the years. I like to see what he's going to do next and don't take these things so seriously. You on the other hand have been complaining about the eyeliner since day 1.

And btw, you haven't heard the album so you have no idea if it will "SUIT THE MUSIC" sufficiently for you to accept the eyeliner.

How can eyeliner suit the music? I hate how it looks on him, but it's just eyeliner.

How can eyeliner suit the music? I hate how it looks on him, but it's just eyeliner.

You're the one that said wearing outfits and bizzaro make up was ok as long as it SUITS THE MUSIC. You tell us - what music justifies a bit of eyeliner on a rock singer in his late 40s ?

You're the one that said wearing outfits and bizzaro make up was ok as long as it SUITS THE MUSIC. You tell us - what music justifies a bit of eyeliner on a rock singer in his late 40s ?

Songs about going Crazy Tonight, apparently.

You're right. :up:

I really hope Mercy is on the new album. Great song. What do you think? :sexywink:

Mercy is the best song since ONE, blahabhlabhlabhlahb.

No, it isn't, it's a measly b-side, blleleelbblllellelelbbllblelelble.

You're both exaggerating, it's an ok U2 song and better than most of HTDAAB, bloooboaoboboblloblbobllbobolblo.

Back
Top Bottom