Q Magazine snippets - now Consolidated (Pics added 12/29/08 & 1/1/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The song is called "Crazy Tonight". I hope Larry's opinion has changed.

I thought that Larry was only speaking about the fact that he hadn't been involved in the drums and was going in to give some "professional help" because the drums only consisted of Eno tapping it on his chest (I would pay extra to hear that. Funny stuff.)

well if you think that u2 is the only band with over 30 years of carrer with the same 4 members you should be pride of this and not dissapointed for waiting 4 years for a new album.please be serious.

i would have to agree with this. i don't feel like they owe me anything. considering that they're almost 50 and they're still able to make good music is enough to keep me happy. i'm 28 and i already have back pain.

Well, you should never have been excited about a double album because it was never going to happen--it was never mentioned in even a semi-official way. All signs pointed against it, as many posters here have been pointing out for months and months. It was purely a speculation thread that many people ran with to the point that they started believing U2 was going to put out a double album.

Forget the whole double album thing...14 songs would go a long way to quiet advocates of a U2 "double album"......the fact that it might be only 11 songs would be a shame,I can only think the Spiderman project took up too much of Edge and Bono's time.

If however there are 11 really strong songs and no real clunker...I'll be satisfied:D................but if it's a HTAAB situation where we end up hearing songs that were left off the new album that were as good as or better than songs that are on the album........I won't be a happy man:mad:

If however there are 11 really strong songs and no real clunker...I'll be satisfied:D................but if it's a HTAAB situation where we end up hearing songs that were left off the new album that were as good as or better than songs that are on the album........I won't be a happy man:mad:

Don't worry about it; nobody on this board is ever happy with U2, you'll not be alone.

Forget the whole double album thing...14 songs would go a long way to quiet advocates of a U2 "double album"......the fact that it might be only 11 songs would be a shame,I can only think the Spiderman project took up too much of Edge and Bono's time.

According to the Larry quotes they want to quickly send out another album without as big a delay because of the amount of material they have.

Sounds pretty interested. I'm excited for more news.

I don't really like the lyrics I've heard though. Plus the war theme... I don't want anymore preachy lyrics. I guess it'll all be ok as long as I like the sound though.

Ok. i don't believe in a double..but what is the sense of a dvd by corbjin with the same music of the cd?

Exactly.

I think they're being shrewd here. I remember reading that they have some very different sounding songs that they were contemplating putting on the new album. My guess is that they'll put forth their "safest" 11-12 songs and take the more "experimental" stuff and release it as a "movie soundtrack". That way they can get away with it being more experimental without people saying "U2 put out another crazy experimental album"

Q Magazine snippets[Quotes]

- Bono on Tour plans. "Well, I can't say too much because the LiveNation people would die. But think its fair to say that what we've planned for outdoors has never been done before and that we've been working on it for a long time. It's a feat of engineering genius."

Sounds like we just got a confirmation of at least some stadium/outdoor shows on this upcoming tour.

^willie williams loved north star if I recall correctly, but it wasnt finished in time for release

Anyone think from the description that Unknown Caller is an updated Exit? A man at the end of his rope, etc. Granted, the description is very thin, probably the least detailed of the track descriptions, but Exit was the 1st thing that came to mind when I read it.

indeed, everyday that we close into the album my excitement level rises a little bit.

i just feel the single is a corner away, in a few weeks. well, we'll find out in q magazine. :hyper:

Which clip is Unknown Caller again?

I like the beach clips and it sounds like at least some stuff was kept, but just like the 2 versions of NLOTH(the song) one of which sounds like it was changed pretty damn quick, lets not forget, it could have been completely overhauled.

Which clip is Unknown Caller again?

I like the beach clips and it sounds like at least some stuff was kept, but just like the 2 versions of NLOTH(the song) one of which sounds like it was changed pretty damn quick, lets not forget, it could have been completely overhauled.

and yeah, i'm guessing what we hear will be somewhat different, if not vastly so. Hopefully they'll be even better :drool:

The best thing I can say is that the creative direction sounds great.

A little risk involved? I hope so.

I also hope they don't make a rash late decision on the song selection.

I'm disappointed to hear that Bono seemed to strongly favor the newer, "punk" version of No Line On The Horizon over the earlier version. IMO, they need to go as ambient as possible within the tracks they have. I really just hope they didn't go back and alter things as much with this record as they did with the last. Other than the second version of Sometimes I really didn't think the tampering was necessary. The news is pretty exciting overall, though.

Back
Top Bottom