Q Magazine snippets - now Consolidated (Pics added 12/29/08 & 1/1/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But for some odd reason, I like this look. I find it the most interesting look since ZOO TV. And I like that bowler hat. I abhored that straw cowboy hat and loathed that Cuban green cap. The beret (worn in UF and at times in the ZOO era) and the regular cowboy hat were fine. But this bowler with eyeliner has that Clockwork Orange look (that others have said) that's creepy cool!

It isn't hard looking interesting now since his Elevation/Vertigo image was basically a badly aged, washed up The Fly.

Other than the "green monstrosity" Cuban hat and the bowler hat all the stuff you mentioned was ok with me.

Personally I don't mind if Bono wears a pink chiffon dress, lipstick and high heels on tour, as long as the album's good.

Eyeliner debate? Get over it.

My main worry is their potential for over egging expectations by saying it's their best work ever (like they almost always do) And then putting something out that doesn't measure up to JT or AB

Personally I don't mind if Bono wears a pink chiffon dress, lipstick and high heels on tour, as long as the album's good.

Eyeliner debate? Get over it.

My main worry is their potential for over egging expectations by saying it's their best work ever (like they almost always do) And then putting something out that doesn't measure up to JT or AB

:up:. You've said it.

What's wrong with you? U2 are releasing a new album in about two months. Until then, go and get a life.

Why aren't people celebrating New Year?

Yeah - but why are U2 torturing us? with snippets, Clips and Fotos? That's evil! I thougt this is some kind of addicition recovery-forum like the alcoholics anonymous probaby will have too... I can't wait either.:scream:

What's wrong with you? U2 are releasing a new album in about two months. Until then, go and get a life.

i feel fine thanx u but i use my freedom of speech on this forum!

Have a nice day anyway

:sexywink:

Right now, even a one minute Adam video clip would make my day. Please Sebastian!?

i just listen to the beach clips when its really tough...not great but better than nothing

Well if you believe what was written in the Q mag about Moment of Surrender than you know for a fact that it isn't Mercy and never was. I don't know where the ridiculous assumption came from that those two songs were born of one another just because they were longer songs. Mercy was a finished song from the HTDAAB sessions, while MOS was born out of the more recent sessions according to the article. Case pretty much closed.

Now will the original Mercy be on the album? who knows. I doubt it, but who knows what the hell they'll put out.

Mercy wasn't a finished song. It's a poorly mixed demo with an unfinished lyric. It had mad potential though.

I must agree with you. We'll hear something soon. And how soon we hear it won't depend on us all lurking on this forum.

Mercy wasn't a finished song. It's a poorly mixed demo with an unfinished lyric. It had mad potential though.

After listening to both songs in sequence many many times, I will always live with the belief that Mercy was derived from Smile.

I love it when people complain about people complaining and bash people (via this forum) for spending too much time in said forum.

No, wait, how could I love something that is both pure hypocrisy and nonsense?

yeah, i hate to jump on this too, but come on. totally unacceptable.

The moaning of people here is unacceptable.

We have holidays right now, I haven't expected U2 to come up with anything before the new year.

Stop being so desperate, we will have a whole lot of stuff very soon. It's really annoying sometimes to have people spend every single minute on this forum making themselves crazy while waiting for any new snippet. That's just not healthy.

So....

Any news in the last 20 minutes?

profilepic12135_3.gif

I just want to say i never said that MERCY is MOMENT OF SURRENDER. I was just saying that MERCY will probably, most likely not be on the album, and the only way it would be is if it was completely reworked into a different song that isn't even recognizable. Not MOMENT OF SURRENDER, persay, (and btw i do highly doubt that any bit of MERCY is making it onto the album) why you ask? Well, sure, COBL was a POP leftover, but we never had a leaked version. Or a demo version. It was pretty much unknown until it wound up on the BOMB. Everyone on this site has heard MERCY. We know this. U2 knows this. So there you have it. MERCY has been released. Not officially. But it has been. There would be nothing in it for U2 to rerelease a song that everyone who is a diehard U2 fan has probably already heard. It would go against their spontaneous nature. (waiting for someone to point out the rerecording of Sweetest Thing as a defense argument)

The moaning of people here is unacceptable.

We have holidays right now, I haven't expected U2 to come up with anything before the new year.

Stop being so desperate, we will have a whole lot of stuff very soon. It's really annoying sometimes to have people spend every single minute on this forum making themselves crazy while waiting for any new snippet. That's just not healthy.

Please read my previous post. And then read it again. And again.

Why are you not celebrating it and getting a life intead of on here moaning about people moaning? :hmm: Just saying :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom