Punk rock from Venus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AndrewCowley said:
Surely everyone 'experienced' with U2 has given up reading anything into Bono's pre-album gesturing. When he does this he is playing the role of marketing manager for U2. What he says has nothing to do whatsoever with what they are doing in the studio but rather serves to drum up interest in it so as to fan the hype that naturally surrounds all U2 releases. These statements are meaningless.
It's all in how you interpret the meaning. The problem is, when you describe music, it comes across quite vaguely since you can't really put it into words. I haven't found anything Bono has said about the music they have been working on at the time of a particular Bono quote to be contradictory in any way. Us fans usually build something in our minds from what Bono says, and it's usually us, not him, who creates the sound we hear in our heads. Again, it's all how you interpret the meaning of what he says. I never had any problem with the punk rock from Venus quote. It's the feminine version of punk rock. I can see that with the songs that were around at the time.

I AM A BORN AGAIN BONO-BLABBER FUNDAMENTALIST

EVERYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF BONOS MOUTH IS TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY

ROCK AND ROLL STOPS TRAFFIC
EDGE IS ON FIRE
THIS IS PUNK ROCK FROM VENUS
THIS ALBUM HAS HIPS

Back
Top Bottom