Providence in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
sounds like quite the set list so far tonight:
Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Will Follow, Happy Birthday, Party Girl, Slow Dancing, Kite, Wild Honey (show in-progress / more updates to come)
from http://www.u2tours.com/detail.src?ID=20011031
Party Girl and Wild Honey reappear...

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

If anyone missed it (Johnny's Red Light thread), I got a call from the show.

Larry got up and SPOKE. *cries, bangs head against keyboard*

Sounds like an awesome feckin' show.

LEMONS.
icon34.gif

------------------
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!!!!

Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Holy shit they are really reaching into their bag of tricks. I bet you they let Larry pick the setlist or something LOL

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Will Follow, Happy Birthday, Party Girl (full band), Slow Dancing (full band), Kite, Wild Honey (full band), Please (acoustic w/guest), Bad / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride (show in-progress / more updates to come)

feck feck feck feck feck......I knew I should've gotten a ticket for tonights show........aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
mad.gif

I'm having elevation envy. I'm a fecking addict....didn't I just see them last night....why is that not good enough.

*popkid loses conciousness temporarily*

oops, sorry about that. I'm off to ZooConfessions to confess my selfish U2 sins........
redface.gif

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Will Follow, Happy Birthday, Party Girl (full band), Slow Dancing (full band), Kite, Wild Honey (full band), Please (acoustic w/guest), Bad / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride, Thriller (Special Guest Micheal Jackson), I Fall Down, The Fly, Monster Mash

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

The Ghoul is Soul

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

Originally posted by Eliv8:
Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Will Follow, Happy Birthday, Party Girl (full band), Slow Dancing (full band), Kite, Wild Honey (full band), Please (acoustic w/guest), Bad / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride, Thriller (Special Guest Micheal Jackson), I Fall Down, The Fly, Monster Mash

HAHA

CK

Pic16.jpg

Originally posted by anitram:
Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Will Follow, Happy Birthday, Party Girl (full band), Slow Dancing (full band), Kite, Wild Honey (full band), Please (acoustic w/guest), Bad / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride (show in-progress / more updates to come)

You've got to be shitting me! Slow Dancing w/ full band? Holy begeezus I want to be there right now!
biggrin.gif

From u2tours.com

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stuck In a Moment, Happy Birthday, Party Girl (full band), Slow Dancing (full band), Kite, Wild Honey (acoustic), Please (acoustic w/guest), Bad / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride

Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On, New York, One, When Will I See You Again, Walk On

Comments: Larry turns 40 today, and Bono leads the crowd in singing 'Happy Birthday'. A cake and champagne are brought on stage. Larry thanks the crowd from Bono's mic while Bono briefly sits at Larry's drums. A unique setlist includes 'Slow Dancing', which is played for the first time this tour, and only the 11th time ever. 'Party Girl' and 'Wild Honey' are played for the first time during this leg of the tour. Bruce Brody joins Bono and Edge on 'Please' as he has twice before on this leg.

I think we all guessed tonight's show would be a once-in-a-lifetime gig for those blessed to attend. I hope it lived up to everyone's expectations!!!

Happy Birthday you Smooth Criminal!!!

LOL Michael Jackson - Thriller!!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

AUGHHH! That sounds so awesome!!!!! I'm so jealous right now! Wow. I love "Slow Dancing," I can't believe they played it!!! Damn it. Why can't I be going to any more shows?
wink.gif

Oh wow. I really hope Slow Dancing makes a few more appearances on this leg (or at least again at the LA #1 show). I love that song.

And I don't know why a man
Searches for himself in his lover's eyes
No I don't know why a man
Sees the truth but needs the lies

That's one of my favorite lines out of all of Bono's lyrics. Brilliant.

Originally posted by popkidu2:
feck feck feck feck feck......I knew I should've gotten a ticket for tonights show........aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
mad.gif

I'm having elevation envy. I'm a fecking addict....didn't I just see them last night....why is that not good enough.

*popkid loses conciousness temporarily*

oops, sorry about that. I'm off to ZooConfessions to confess my selfish U2 sins........
redface.gif

Don't worry PopKid... I saw them on the 30th too and unlike some people (who felt the show was somber), I thought it was outstanding. I heard "Party Girl" at Boston 4. I've heard Larry sing (not just speak) during the ZOO TV years. I would have liked to have heard "Wild Honey" (sigh...) and I would have liked to have attended the concert. But time, work and money said otherwise. I'm happy I saw them once more on this tour (if nothing else). So don't feel bad - we saw an excellent show.
icon36.gif

*kicks self for choosing Chicago over Providence*

You Prov. #2 people are so lucky....ok, I'll go think about hearing Wild Rover in Detroit 9 years ago, and then hug my stick from Chicago. *sniffs*

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Back
Top Bottom