Providence #1 setlist from youknowwho

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Am I the only one who gives a shit anymore?

Venue: Dunkin Donuts Center
Opening Act(s): Stereophonics
Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Out of
Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stuck In a Moment, Kite, Angel of Harlem, Please (B&E -
acoustic), Bad, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking
For, Pride
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On, New York, One, When Will I See You
Again, Walk On
Message Forum: Talk about this show with other U2 fans!
Comments: During 'Bad,' Bono climbs up into the lower level behind the stage. He talks with
a little girl who is rendered speechless aside from being able to tell Bono 'I love you.'

I give a shit!!! I was waiting for the set list, so thanks! Cool, they played Bad! And that is so cute about the little girl...
How did Bono climb the lower level I wonder.
Hah, I thought he wasn't allowed to do that stuff anymore.
biggrin.gif

*end of ramblings*

The girl was sitting in the first row behind stage (section 116 I believe), she appeared to be about 5 or 6. It looked like Bono wanted her to climb onstage with him, but she was afraid, so he climbed into the seats and hugged her. When he got back onstage, he asked what her name was, put the microphone to her mouth and she shouted "I love you". Funny what parents will name a kid these days
wink.gif
. Very nice moment during a great show.

The cute girl moment was marred just a tiny bit. A woman - around 25-30 - I guess thought Bono was coming to her. This was in the section behind the stage, so it was very nice of Bono to spend extra time there. When Bono climbed, this woman hugged Bono. That was very nice - and clearly the woman was excited as she kept shouting "Oh my God!" and even started crying. However, then the woman became just a bit greedy. When Bono wanted to talk to that little girl next to her, this woman kept hugging and reaching for Bono, hindering him. Let's not be selfish here!

I think this is true for many fans. It's one thing if you want to spend your time and money seeing show after show, but I hear many fans who claim they want to get back on stage. What's up with that? I realize the "limelight" can be addictive, but please share. If you've been on stage once or hugged Bono once or whatever, let others have a chance.

Blah...

Back
Top Bottom