Propaganda Hatred Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
It's now Friday. The Chicago date I planned on seeing was Monday. I've e-mailed them 4 times to both U2fantix@aol.com and U2fantx@aol.com (they've used both). The last one I put a "highest" priority on. Still nothing.

TicketBastard gets GC's up. I want to buy them, but I don't know if fucking Prop will be sending me tickets or not. I hate them right now. I will likely never buy tickets from them again. Poor customer service as always. If they can't handle it, then perhaps they should let someone else handle it, but for God's sake, don't let U2.com handle it. They're even more inept, and would probably give them all to ticket brokers an hour before we were scheduled to get them.

I'm sooooo mad right now, I make Whortense look meek! Be thankful I'm not God. I'd have smote them into the lowest canto of hell by now!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Propaganda served me well for the Atlanta 3/30 show (GA), but I was always scared to contact them on any customer service question. They seem somewhat mean about it.

Late -- u2b

U
B
a
m
a

------------------
"High Five!....

"On the FLIP side!"

--DiamondBruno9, aka "Puddy" from Seinfeld

Originally posted by melon:

I'm sooooo mad right now, I make Whortense look meek! Be thankful I'm not God. I'd have smote them into the lowest canto of hell by now!

Golly, Melon, all this time we thought you were a pacifist. Maybe ole' bin Laden got your GC's.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

If prop doesn't deliver Melon's tickets I will be forced to condemn them to the eternal fires of GAO
mad.gif

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Buy the GCs.

Did you CALL them?

I think it is hopeless. worse case scenario you end up with an extra pair of tix you can easily sell day of show...

or worst worst case scenario:

No tix at all!

Originally posted by U2LA:

or worst worst case scenario:

No tix at all![/b]

that would suck...

[This message has been edited by nellie (edited 10-11-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Bama:
but I was always scared to contact them on any customer service question. They seem somewhat mean about it.

Really?

I can sympathize with you, as I had a lot of problems regarding the tickets this time around. I finally received them about 3 days before my show, after contacting Prop about 5 times, but they were always quite cordial.

Perhaps I should re-phrase that; the way their policies are set forth seemed rather "strict," and I was always intimidated about calling them or e-mailing them.

Okay people....I finally got through!

Apparently, my priority setting must have worked, because they called. Apparently, they were mailed a week ago, but I haven't received them yet. However, they stated that if I don't get them to e-mail them again, and they will contact the box office to make reprints. So, overall, I'm glad I didn't buy the TicketBastard seats, because now I'd have 2 extra seats that I cannot afford! It, surely, would have been different if they were GA's.

And if anyone abuses that priority setting for non-urgent e-mails, then you are ruining a good thing. These are the cases where they are necessary--3 days before the concert. If everyone did it, then actual urgent messages would never get through without a hell of a delay.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Late -- u2b

U
B
a
m
a

Bwuahahahahaha!
biggrin.gif

I emailed them 4 days ago about my Philly tix... nothing. But I'm not calling or doing the priority thing because its still 2 weeks to the show - but you know when you're traveling to a show it really is difficult to buy plane tickets, etc. when you don't know until a few days before.

All that being said, I'm not pissed at all at prop - they could've easily said NOPE, too close to the shows - and not offered any tickets at all. And they are very clear to tell us up front that these seats are NOT guaranteed - it's just a nice thing the band agrees to do for their biggest fans.

There's absolutely no way they can know what demand is going to be for each show and then be totally prepared for that. I appreciate the opportunity to try.

That said... wouldn't it be cool for U2 to do a single prop only show? Cool. That would be ONE MAD CROWD.

biggrin.gif

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

icon15.gif
@ PROP!
mad.gif

------------------
No whos or whys
No-one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the colour in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Sigh... I just received an e-mail from Prop. stating no GA tickets for any Providence shows. I can get GC, but ONLY for the 10/31 show.

Although not GA, having GC might be good as I wouldn't have to take a day off from work waiting outside all day. Plus, I have access to another GC ticket. So I start making plans to get the other GC ticket only to have my friends tell me that they think they are travelling on the 31st and won't be able to go to the show.

UGH!

I'm not sure if I want to go by myself or not just yet (too tired to think). Either I can still get that one GC for me, get all three GC's and sell them or cancel everthing and enjoy my boots at home.
wink.gif

Either way, this is the first time that Propaganda has pseudo-failed me.

this is a propaganda HATRED !!!!!-thread
come on, get with the program
mad.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Beeeeeeeee nice, dear time lord. My Prop tickets just came in the mail!

But, seriously, this is a very fucked up third leg. Few dates with little warning and high demand. I guess this was somewhat expected.

I wish, in a way, they'd pick larger venues! I guess, however, there is no in-between from these insufficient arenas and beastly large stadiums.

*Melon misses the video tours, BTW

Melon

------------------

*sigh*

this thread needs HATRED !!!!! Melon

------------------
Salome

I hate everything else about my life and this world. Does that count?

mad.gif

Melon

------------------

Originally posted by melon:
I hate everything else about my life and this world. Does that count?

mad.gif

Melon

well, it's a start
mad.gif

------------------
Salome

I love Propaganda. I don't have my Providence tickets yet, but they've ALWAYS come through for me with great tickets. If it weren't for them, I'd have to pay a fortune to see U2 as it was impossible for me to get tickets via Ticketmaster (or any other site).

And Melon, even though they cut it close, clearly they are helping you out. So be nice to Propaganda!
smile.gif

I'm loving Propaganda right now
wink.gif
. My opening night LA tickets just came in the mail.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom