Propaganda Hatred Thread - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2001, 12:42 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:14 AM
Propaganda Hatred Thread

It's now Friday. The Chicago date I planned on seeing was Monday. I've e-mailed them 4 times to both U2fantix@aol.com and U2fantx@aol.com (they've used both). The last one I put a "highest" priority on. Still nothing.

TicketBastard gets GC's up. I want to buy them, but I don't know if fucking Prop will be sending me tickets or not. I hate them right now. I will likely never buy tickets from them again. Poor customer service as always. If they can't handle it, then perhaps they should let someone else handle it, but for God's sake, don't let U2.com handle it. They're even more inept, and would probably give them all to ticket brokers an hour before we were scheduled to get them.

I'm sooooo mad right now, I make Whortense look meek! Be thankful I'm not God. I'd have smote them into the lowest canto of hell by now!

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Old 10-12-2001, 12:57 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Propaganda served me well for the Atlanta 3/30 show (GA), but I was always scared to contact them on any customer service question. They seem somewhat mean about it.

Late -- u2b

U
B
a
m
a

------------------
"High Five!....

"On the FLIP side!"

--DiamondBruno9, aka "Puddy" from Seinfeld

Old 10-12-2001, 01:02 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon:

I'm sooooo mad right now, I make Whortense look meek! Be thankful I'm not God. I'd have smote them into the lowest canto of hell by now!

Golly, Melon, all this time we thought you were a pacifist. Maybe ole' bin Laden got your GC's.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.
Old 10-12-2001, 01:06 AM   #4
U2Gator

Local Time: 10:14 AM
Believe me i feel your pain...... and hatred

Old 10-12-2001, 01:13 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:14 AM

If prop doesn't deliver Melon's tickets I will be forced to condemn them to the eternal fires of GAO

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes
Old 10-12-2001, 01:17 AM   #6
War Child

Buy the GCs.

Did you CALL them?

I think it is hopeless. worse case scenario you end up with an extra pair of tix you can easily sell day of show...

or worst worst case scenario:

No tix at all!
Old 10-12-2001, 01:34 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2LA:

or worst worst case scenario:

No tix at all![/b]
that would suck...

[This message has been edited by nellie (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-12-2001, 09:02 AM   #8
Bad Daddy Johnny

They screwed me out of tix for Chicago 2. Prop = suck.
Old 10-12-2001, 09:21 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama:
but I was always scared to contact them on any customer service question. They seem somewhat mean about it.

Really?

I can sympathize with you, as I had a lot of problems regarding the tickets this time around. I finally received them about 3 days before my show, after contacting Prop about 5 times, but they were always quite cordial.
Old 10-12-2001, 09:31 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Perhaps I should re-phrase that; the way their policies are set forth seemed rather "strict," and I was always intimidated about calling them or e-mailing them.
Old 10-12-2001, 09:37 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Okay people....I finally got through!

Apparently, my priority setting must have worked, because they called. Apparently, they were mailed a week ago, but I haven't received them yet. However, they stated that if I don't get them to e-mail them again, and they will contact the box office to make reprints. So, overall, I'm glad I didn't buy the TicketBastard seats, because now I'd have 2 extra seats that I cannot afford! It, surely, would have been different if they were GA's.

And if anyone abuses that priority setting for non-urgent e-mails, then you are ruining a good thing. These are the cases where they are necessary--3 days before the concert. If everyone did it, then actual urgent messages would never get through without a hell of a delay.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 10-12-2001, 09:48 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Happy to hear you succeeded, Ormus.
Old 10-12-2001, 10:07 AM   #13
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama:
Late -- u2b

U
B
a
m
a

Bwuahahahahaha!

I emailed them 4 days ago about my Philly tix... nothing. But I'm not calling or doing the priority thing because its still 2 weeks to the show - but you know when you're traveling to a show it really is difficult to buy plane tickets, etc. when you don't know until a few days before.

All that being said, I'm not pissed at all at prop - they could've easily said NOPE, too close to the shows - and not offered any tickets at all. And they are very clear to tell us up front that these seats are NOT guaranteed - it's just a nice thing the band agrees to do for their biggest fans.

There's absolutely no way they can know what demand is going to be for each show and then be totally prepared for that. I appreciate the opportunity to try.

That said... wouldn't it be cool for U2 to do a single prop only show? Cool. That would be ONE MAD CROWD.

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com
Old 10-12-2001, 01:58 PM   #14
the invisible woman

@ PROP!

------------------
No whos or whys
No-one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the colour in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

(.(*. .*).)
.. *Monica*..
(.(.* *.).)
Old 10-12-2001, 02:26 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie

WOOHOO!!!

Melon is going to Chicago!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes
Old 10-12-2001, 04:56 PM   #16
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I love my Prop-a-prop-a-propaganda!
Old 10-12-2001, 05:01 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:14 AM
Sigh... I just received an e-mail from Prop. stating no GA tickets for any Providence shows. I can get GC, but ONLY for the 10/31 show.

Although not GA, having GC might be good as I wouldn't have to take a day off from work waiting outside all day. Plus, I have access to another GC ticket. So I start making plans to get the other GC ticket only to have my friends tell me that they think they are travelling on the 31st and won't be able to go to the show.

UGH!

I'm not sure if I want to go by myself or not just yet (too tired to think). Either I can still get that one GC for me, get all three GC's and sell them or cancel everthing and enjoy my boots at home.

Either way, this is the first time that Propaganda has pseudo-failed me.
Old 10-12-2001, 05:02 PM   #18
you are what you is

Local Time: 11:14 AM
this is a propaganda HATRED !!!!!-thread
come on, get with the program

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Old 10-12-2001, 05:05 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Beeeeeeeee nice, dear time lord. My Prop tickets just came in the mail!

But, seriously, this is a very fucked up third leg. Few dates with little warning and high demand. I guess this was somewhat expected.

I wish, in a way, they'd pick larger venues! I guess, however, there is no in-between from these insufficient arenas and beastly large stadiums.

*Melon misses the video tours, BTW

Melon

------------------
Old 10-12-2001, 05:13 PM   #20
you are what you is

Local Time: 11:14 AM
*sigh*

this thread needs HATRED !!!!! Melon

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it