Prop form question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemongirl

Babyface
My husband & I both subscribe to Prop and got our forms yesterday. (We are in Maine by the way.) We would like to get 2 tickets to each of the Providence shows. My question is, should I send in both of our forms in the same envelope with a letter explaining that I would like tickets to one and he would like tickets to the other? I'm afraid if I send them separtely that one of us won't get our first choice and we'll end up with 4 tickets to one show. I want to send this in at noon today. Advice?

[This message has been edited by lemongirl (edited 09-21-2001).]

I would send in the forms in two separate envelopes. This may be less confusing for Propaganda (finding 2 forms in 1 envelope, how is that possible) and in case something does go wrong with the mail, you always have a second form heading towards Propaganda.
I'll take the risk of getting 4 tickets for 1 show as you can always trade the spare ones for the show you want (or sell them again at face value).

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Originally posted by lemongirl:
(We are in Maine by the way.)

Lemongirl,

I thought I was the only one from Maine on this board!!!! My wife and I received our Prop forms yesterday as well and are gunning for Providence also. We are doing the separate envelope deal as well. I've never had any problems doing it that way in the past.

It's nice to know that I'm NOT the only U2 fan in the state!!! By the way, where in Maine are you???

Thanks for the advice.

Like someone to blame, I'm just outside of Bangor, and yourself? Thought I was the only Mainer too!

I have a question... once you order tickets through prop, how do they send them to you? Snail mail?

tongue.gif

------------------
Here Today
Gone Tomorrow....
Always

Sicy's Website

Okay, I'm obsessing over this. If I send the forms in separately, should I just list a 1st choice? I would list Providence night one and my husband would list Providence night two? Or should each of us list the other show as our 2nd choice? HELP!

[This message has been edited by lemongirl (edited 09-21-2001).]

lemongirl...Providence night 2 is not an option to select! At least it wasn't on my form. There is a note that says... "We reserve the right to substitute your original request to another date at the same venue."

Maybe send them in separately and on 1 put a note that you prefer the second night, if one should be added(we know it will). Otherwise trade is anoption, and likely non_prop subscribers will have difficulty getting GA for Oct 30, so I think trading is likely no problem.

Lemongirl, I live in Skowhegan. Go to Bangor all the time. Small world. Maybe we should have a caravan to the Providence shows!

I wouldn't stress too much over the Prop order form. Again, my wife and I each put Providence 10/30 GA's as first choice and we each put E. Rutherford GA's as second choice. I never put as a choice a show that has not yet officially been announced. I mean, we all pretty much know a second Providence show will be added but because it is not on the official Prop order form I never request as such. My guess is that if there are too many requests for Providence 1 than Prop will more than likely issue you tickets to the second Providence show, even if you put down, say, NY as your second choice.

I just got 2 GA's and 2 seats directly behind the stage for Montreal, so suffice it to say I'm walking on cloud 9 at the moment. I'm counting on Prop to come thru for me on one of the Providence shows and I'll be content. Check that, can one ACTUALLY BE CONTENT when you know U2 is still on the road playing and you're not there for those shows as well? Ah, thank goodness for bootlegs!!!

Can we put a envelope with usps priority mail on it instead of doin regular snail mail for the return postage when they send em to you?

[This message has been edited by jesseu2 (edited 09-21-2001).]

I had a similar experience myself! I was getting my prop form ready to mail out today, and I am also looking towards PRovidence. I put down the announced show as my first choice. At the bottom of the form I wrote to please use any additional shows as my second and or third (I know that there's only supposed to be two) instead of what I had written in already.

Originally posted by jesseu2:
Can we put a envelope with usps priority mail on it instead of doin regular snail mail for the return postage when they send em to you?

[This message has been edited by jesseu2 (edited 09-21-2001).]

That's an excellent idea. I'm going to see if I can do that. I just don't know if the post office will put the postage on an empty priority envelope since they can't know how much it will weigh on the return trip.

Well, I sent the forms in separately, second day mail. I requested Providence night 1 on my form with a note saying my husband was requesting Providence night 2 and did the opposite on my husband's form. Didn't put a 2nd or 3rd choice since Providence will be it for me on this leg. The FAQ at the Prop site says that you can write in a date even if it doesn't appear on the form. I did the same thing for Montreal & Boston on the last leg. Really wish I could swing Montreal this time, would love to see Garbage. I wonder how long it would take to get across the border? Isn't it awful that we have to worry about that now? <sigh>

I'll let everyone know what we get for tickets!

Hmmm I have another question.
tongue.gif

If you request GAs for lets say Oakland, and they want a second choice, do they mean second choice in seating, or a different nite? Will they give you GC's if they cant give you GAs for the same show?

------------------
Here Today
Gone Tomorrow....
Always

Sicy's Website

Back
Top Bottom