Promenade Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Four instances of :down: tends to be quite strong disagreement though! It's the kind of response I'd expect to someone saying "Adam Clayton looks like he'll croak if he tries to play a bass solo" rather than to someone saying they think UF is U2's best album.

:lol:

The reason for four is that UF happens to be my least favorite U2 record!

Maybe only :down: :down: :down: would have been appropriate...:(

LemonMelon said:
The reason for four is that UF happens to be my least favorite U2 record!

I ... but ... what ...

*Axver's brain starts to smoke*

*sparks emerge from Axver's ears*

*a loud explosion is heard from within Axver's head*

You just killed my brain. I hope you're happy.

Why can't we all just get along :wink:

why is it that the TUF/JT fanatics dislike AB so much and the AB fans don't think much of TUF?

I guess I'm REALLY in the minority here - I love both TUF and AB about as equally as one can. I flip flop *shameless shout out to Steven Colbert fans* back and forth as to which one of these albums are my all time favorite. Being a teenager in the eighties and following the greatest band of that era was just fantastic.

I remember first hearing TUF and thinking to myself that it was the most beautiful album ever. And when I think of U2 and songs that most epitomizes the sound I will always attribute just to them I first think of Bad, Unforgettable Fire, A Sort of Homecoming and Promanade soaring music/lyrics that take you to the higher ground.

Then they release JT and RH, which PLEASE don't get me wrong I LOVED both of these releases but I would say I was in the minority back then by saying I still liked TUF better then both.

But next I popped in the Cassette of AB and was just absolutely blown away - I felt the Band's music and they themselves grew a bit older with the years as I did and the problems with life like relationships and love and the baggage that goes along with the losing of your innocence plus the music just was so different and in your face - it was just incredible.

So you see y'all when you guys are blasting each other about which is the better album and such I have that dilemma of trying to figure out what side of that fence I should be sitting on.

I agree, Unforgettable Fire and achtung Baby are my two favourite U2 albums also, and promenade is possibly U2's most beautiful and unique song.

Achtung Baby, The Joshua Tree and The Unforgettable Fire are in my Top 3 U2 albums

I love this song so much. First time I heard it brought tears to my eyes. Its just so beautiful. I love listening to this song while driving at night and seeing city lights. Next tour:

Promenade/COBL :drool:

Oh, AB, Pop, and UF our my top 3 U2 albums.

Has U2 ever attempted this song live??

YBORCITYOBL said:

why is it that the TUF/JT fanatics dislike AB so much and the AB fans don't think much of TUF?

I'm fond of both. Once upon a time, I couldn't decide which album I liked more. These days, I don't really care about that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom