Product (RED) on Ebay already...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The thing I don´t get about buying a red tshirt on ebay is that you are presumably interested in the cause the tshirt supports, so you should buy a new one to give more money to the campaign. Simple really.

And whats the big rush? If the shops are sold out just wait!

honeychild said:
The thing I don´t get about buying a red tshirt on ebay is that you are presumably interested in the cause the tshirt supports, so you should buy a new one to give more money to the campaign. Simple really.

Not entirely. Anyone can donate directly to the Global Fund directly on their website, without buying a product.

randhail said:
Why wouldn't you be "able to live with yourself?" The charity does not get ripped off. You buy the shirt and the money goes to the charity, whatever happens afterwards is your own business. If someone produces their own copied shirts and passes off as the real thing, then you could argue that people are scumbags.

What if someone bought the shirt and then threw it out or used it as a dishrag? Is this better than reselling it? I don't understand the moral obligation to not sell it for more than you paid. It's a hot item and if people are willing to pay more for it, then so be it.

:up:

Something tells me some people here still won't get it! :wink:

randhail said:
If that's your argument, don't get on the case of the person selling the shirt on ebay, get on the case of the person buying the shirt on ebay.

Very true! I don't get why people want to sell this stuff on eBay. Or rather, I don't understand why people want to buy it off eBay. It's available in the shops, it's not a limited edition, etc.
I guess 25% of the people are retarded. [/southpark]

:shrug:

ntalwar said:

Not entirely. Anyone can donate directly to the Global Fund directly on their website, without buying a product.

yes of course, but I´m talking about if someone actually wants the tshirt. and thats what red is cashing in on - that many people don´t just want to just give money to charity.

also I think people like to demonstrate that they support a cause, so wearing a tshirt, a wristband or whatever does that. yes people could give the whole cost of these items instead of buying them, but the items themselves do help raise awareness.

honeychild said:

yes of course, but I´m talking about if someone actually wants the tshirt. and thats what red is cashing in on - that many people don´t just want to just give money to charity.

also I think people like to demonstrate that they support a cause, so wearing a tshirt, a wristband or whatever does that. yes people could give the whole cost of these items instead of buying them, but the items themselves do help raise awareness.

Exactly. An ebay tshirt raises awareness just as much as a Gap one. If The Gap has sold out, they deserve some blame too.

^
^

I knew someone would pick up on that point! :wink:

But I still think if you want to support the cause, spread awareness, whatever, it´s better to buy a new one than second hand. But thats just me, cos I know I would feel better about it.

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
ok... i will only say this.. THE TSHIRTS ARE MADE IN LESOTHO, AFRICA (not a sweatshop by the way.. maybe you need to go read up on this before you come in here stirring things up and making statements like that)!! The country we are trying to save from poverty! Which with this clothing company/factory (EDUN line as well) we are providing jobs and healthcare!... Oh, and this money is going to medications to keep these people alive. Oh, but I guess that isn't important right? Who cares..right?

I foresee flaming in your future...:huh:

Righto I stand corrected on the origin of the t-shirts.

I still stand by my statement on the iPod. I frankly dont' NEED an iPod or Bono glasses or a t-shirt or a new phone or whatever other RED product is out there, and I don't need to be told by Oprah to go buy said product to donate money.

And as for my compassion or lack thereof for people living in poverty in this world, you can make your own judgements, I'm not into shouting it from rooftops to prove to others how "compassionate" I am. :|

Back
Top Bottom