Principle Management

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was comedy gold in this thread. Obviously wasted on some. And on Paul McGuinness... :tsk:

which reminds me, anyone know where he lives???? :shifty:

Come back when you have grown up

Look, Peterrrr, you seem intent on avoiding the issue, but sometimes you seem creepy, and it's about time somebody called you out. Go ahead, enjoy Bono's voice all you like, I don't have a problem with that; it's no secret I'm a big fan of a lot of his eighties vocals. But your presentation is iffy as all hell. Just compare your site to a site such as U2Tours.com or U2Tour.de (I won't use my own site as an example since I have no interest in one-upping you). The information is presented as an informative resource on those two sites. Then look at your site. It's as if you could make sweet love to the notes coming out of Bono's mouth. I mean, how about your comment on TGBHF? 'The Beautiful words: "Where there's only love"'! Seriously, what the hell? Your website reads almost like a letter to a girlfriend, constantly emphasising how beautiful she is. As an informative resource, details are few and far between. Subjective judgements and gushing praise of "beautiful falsetto", "few nice screams", "the whole vocal in the song is beautiful" are repeated ad nauseum.

Maybe I've misjudged you. But you seem more than just over-eager sometimes.

Look, Peterrrr, you seem intent on avoiding the issue, but sometimes you seem creepy, and it's about time somebody called you out. Go ahead, enjoy Bono's voice all you like, I don't have a problem with that; it's no secret I'm a big fan of a lot of his eighties vocals. But your presentation is iffy as all hell. Just compare your site to a site such as U2Tours.com or U2Tour.de (I won't use my own site as an example since I have no interest in one-upping you). The information is presented as an informative resource on those two sites. Then look at your site. It's as if you could make sweet love to the notes coming out of Bono's mouth. I mean, how about your comment on TGBHF? 'The Beautiful words: "Where there's only love"'! Seriously, what the hell? Your website reads almost like a letter to a girlfriend, constantly emphasising how beautiful she is. As an informative resource, details are few and far between. Subjective judgements and gushing praise of "beautiful falsetto", "few nice screams", "the whole vocal in the song is beautiful" are repeated ad nauseum.

Maybe I've misjudged you. But you seem more than just over-eager sometimes.

Bit harsh Axver, I enjoy the passion in Peter's writing. The same could be said for your audio review of Vertigo when it first came out, remember... Of course now you've probably changed and won't let your guard slip like that this timearound.

No hate, I love your journal and you are obviously a very talented intelligent writer who is destined for great things, but don't become a cynical old man before your time...

This coming from a setlist fanatic. Pot, meet kettle.

Like I said, compare any of the prominent setlist databases to bonosvoice.st. It's just about apples and oranges when it comes to presentation.

Now, I can't speak for the writers of the other setlist websites, but from appearances, I'd say they work to a similar mentality to me. I simply present information. Sometimes I've added some flavour with reviews and my own opinions, but I keep that infrequent. The general point is simply to provide fans with information so they can make their own judgements and form their own opinions from that. There's a big difference between "first performance of Stay in six years" and "The beautiful words: 'Where there's only love'". One's a statement of fact; one sounds like a letter to a girlfriend.

Bit harsh Axver, I enjoy the passion in Peter's writing. The same could be said for your audio review of Vertigo when it first came out, remember... Of course now you've probably changed and won't let your guard slip like that this timearound.

No hate, I love your journal and you are obviously a very talented intelligent writer who is destined for great things, but don't become a cynical old man before your time...

Oh god, the Vertigo release. Fair call (very fair post overall, in fact, and thank you). Yeah, I was over-eager then; I was still in my teens, U2 were the majority of my musical world, and it was the first new album when I was a serious fan. Embarrassing mistakes were made. And I've done plenty of stupid things on this forum and have my detractors. I know that; it's what comes when you're passionate about things and get involved in the thick of things.

And I was harsh just then to Peterrrrr, but I think the core message was something that needed to be said and I know it's something I'm not alone in thinking. Like I said, maybe I've misjudged him, but the perception's there all the same and I hope he at least thinks about it instead of responding with a kneejerk response like "how old are you?" that ignores the issue.

Bit harsh Axver.

Agreed.

For some reason Axver and company seem to LOVE to poke fun at others and be rude. I have never seen Peter be rude to anyone here. Why don't you do yourself a favor and just ignore his posts if you don't have anything nice to say.

And now the thread is completely off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom