Pride the video (version III)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrTeeth

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Well hello there, I'm so glad you could make it...

Does anybody know where I can download the rarest video of Pride (I'm just guessing this is version III). It's supposed to have 4 boys acting as if they where U2 a la The Cure's Boys Don't Cry.

Thannk you!

Brother I've never even heard of this, are you sure it is even real? Furthermore, Pride came out in 84, I thought (i might be wrong) that 'boys don't cry ' came out after...
confused.gif

Boys D?n't Cry came out in 1979 and the U2 vid. is real and directed by good ol' Anton Corbijn.

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Boys D?n't Cry came out in 1979 and the U2 vid. is real and directed by good ol' Anton Corbijn.
WoW to both. BDC sounds far beyond it's time then. Good luck finding this, and please let us know if you do
smile.gif

The only thing I know is that version 3 was filmed in London.

Blue Room is probably right. But it makes me wonder why sometimes they try to act like it doesn't exist. Edge in that Oct. 10 chat said,"What Red Hill video?" -- not sure if he forgot it or was playing dumb. Anyway, it makes me wonder why they haven't released those by now. Even if they were unfinished or had poor editing or whatever, fans would still love to see it.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I have all three versions of Pride on video. III is poor quality, and I probably haven't watched it since 1989! I remember it being black and white, but I do not remember it having non U2 people in it. I will try and find some time this weekend and dig it up.

I found this on that U2 hidden messages site:

There are three different videos for this song. Version one is the standard video of U2 playing in Xavier Hall, version two is a montage of clips from "The unforgettable fire collection", and version three (which has never been released) is U2 standing in front of a screen with tree limbs projected on them (similar to the "Pride" single sleeve), with Bono lip-syncing the words every so often. This third version was directed by Anton Corbijn for U2's personal use. Note: the commercially released 'version one' video (the 'MTV' version) was in black and white, while the 'version one' video on "The unforgettable fire collection" is in colour.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I found this on that U2 hidden messages site:

There are three different videos for this song. Version one is the standard video of U2 playing in Xavier Hall, version two is a montage of clips from "The unforgettable fire collection", and version three (which has never been released) is U2 standing in front of a screen with tree limbs projected on them (similar to the "Pride" single sleeve), with Bono lip-syncing the words every so often. This third version was directed by Anton Corbijn for U2's personal use. Note: the commercially released 'version one' video (the 'MTV' version) was in black and white, while the 'version one' video on "The unforgettable fire collection" is in colour.

okay I found it. Yes that is what I have. My tape is labled Pride - Xavier Hall, Pride - Slane Castle, Pride - Promo.
Promo is a good word. IMO this was probably shot before the Xavier Hall and they watched it, and thought naaaa we can do better. Thank goodness for the Xavier Hall version.
smile.gif
III or Promo is boring, well that may be harsh, maybe just to "arty" for me.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom