"Pride - The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra PLays U2"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Truly

The Fly
Does anyone else absolutely adore this album? I got it quite a while ago and it still blows me away every time I listen to it. It's great to hear the songs played in a whole different way. If you don't have this album, run out and buy it now! It's a must! You will not regret it!!! Their versions of "Pride" and ISHFWILF are wonderful!

smile.gif

mmm, I listened to that one once
didn't buy it

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
The only decent track is-
WGRYWH

DB9

I agree. I can stand that one.

Strung out on U2 is much better.

Originally posted by SkeeK:

Strung out on U2 is much better.

oooh, I've never heard of that one before. I think I may have to look out for it
smile.gif

I love the RPO one and the Strung out on U2 one...they are very nice (and also make great backround music for presentations at school).
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I like it. I don't LOVE it, but it's decent. Pride and WGRYWH are the best by far....

I'll have to check out that Strung out on U2 sometime soon......... ( after I finish listening to all the bootlegs!)

Another great one is the Bluesgrass Tribute to U2. Kinda Joshua Tree-heavy, as you might expect, but interesting.

The Strung Out version of WOWY is one of my favorite covers ever.

RPO didn't appeal to me, other than WGRYWH. The arranger didn't put a lick of originality in his pieces. If you want symphonic rock, I suggest the London Philharmonic's Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd albums, or the London Symphony's version of Tommy from the early 70s. INCREDIBLE!

Back
Top Bottom