President Bush/Bono and the Irony in It........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2junkie

The Fly
Funny how life throws a bit of irony around....For example I was thinking about this:
Back in 1992, when President Bush (Senior) was running for office, do any of you remember the statement he made during his campaign that went something like........

"You may not know the Rock Group U2, but they call me every night at the White House. Now, I have nothing against U2, but when it comes to foreign policy I'll consult (and he named his foreign adviser, who I can't recall)...and Bill Clinton can consult Boy George."
Now 10 years later, His son is President and Who was sitting beside him during the speech on Foreign Aid??? Yup either you know, or you've guessed it.

Just find it all a bit Ironic, how about all of you?

PS I do think it's a good thing too.

Yeah, I thought of that too. Extremely ironic. What would the Mirrorball Man say!?
biggrin.gif

This is just more proof that Bono is awfully dedicated.
icon14.gif

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Won't you kiss me on that MIDNIGHT STREET, sweep me OFF MY FEET, singing 'ain't this life SO SWEET?' -David Gray

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Yes, and that's cool! On the front page of my paper today, it says 'BUSH: Poverty breeds terror' Gee whiz I wonder where he got that idea?
confused.gif
wink.gif
I searched the whole story and was dismayed and shocked not to see a mention of our man anywhere
frown.gif
There is a conference in Mexico, I thought for sure Bono would be there, guess not, but his message is carried on by- Bush!

It's more proof to my hopes that George W. Bush is a caring and compassionate man. I was emotional, to say the least, to see G.W. bush with Bono last week. Two of my heroes agreeing on the same issue, and Bono gave a lot of credit to Bush.

In the press confrence, Bono made a point to say that it wasn't enough, and it was about time, but also gave Bush and Colin Powell credit in saying that alot of this was their ideas as well.

My wallpaper was Gwen Stefani in dallas, but it is now Bush and Bono, side by side
smile.gif

Originally posted by z edge:
It's more proof to my hopes that George W. Bush is a caring and compassionate man. I was emotional, to say the least, to see G.W. bush with Bono last week. Two of my heroes agreeing on the same issue, and Bono gave a lot of credit to Bush.

In the press confrence, Bono made a point to say that it wasn't enough, and it was about time, but also gave Bush and Colin Powell credit in saying that alot of this was their ideas as well.

My wallpaper was Gwen Stefani in dallas, but it is now Bush and Bono, side by side
smile.gif

my thoughts exactly.

me3

I'd never even thought of that! *lol*

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Very well put Judy. It does seem that Bono also realizes that he can make even more of a difference by taking off the mask that really made us look at ourselves from the ZooTV era, and has now gone for a more humanistic approach, that has not threatened the politicians of our day, but has afforded Bono to be embraced by them, and for Bono to have their attentive ears. Thanks again for your great post, it is quite hilarious.

Chris

I just wanted to add that I think it's so hilarious and ironic that during the Zoo TV concerts Bono made prank phone calls to the White House. Now, ten years later, he is a frequent visitor there.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom