Premium Membership FAQ - Your questions answered here. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2002, 03:03 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:14 AM
Premium Membership FAQ - Your questions answered here.

This will soon be posted on the subscription pages, available by clicking SUBSCRIBE in the top right:

NOTE: THIS FORUM WILL NOT GO ENTIRELY 'PAY'. FREE MEMBERS WILL BE ABLE TO POST AND READ IN VARIOUS FORUMS.

1. What about people who have already donated more than $12 ?

A: If you have donated more than $20 in the past 3 months, and are able to provide paypal payment information (such as email address used, full name, paypal transaction, and $ amount), or proof of other form of payment, please send it to donate@interference.com and request your Premium Membership.

2. Why is there a fee to use a forum for U2 fans?

A: Because it costs A LOT of money to run, and we don't have the pocket book of rock stars - though we wouldn't complain if we did

3. Do moderators of the forum also have to pay?

A: Their donation is their time. If they wish to pay, they may do so if they wish, but are not required. Please don't ask to be a mod to spare yourself the minimal fee.

4. Why can't I use Amazon to pay?

A: Amazon uses an anonymous payment system for websites, which is impossible to track, not to mention they take 15% of the payment

5. If I don't pay, what exactly CAN I do here?

A: Read and Post in some forums, but not all. To fully experience what the forum has to offer, you should atleast try a month - it's only $2.

6. I'm not in the United States, how can I pay?

A; Most International payments are accepted by PayPal, for those that aren't we will gladly take an International money order in US $ via postal mail.

7. I'm not in the United States, can I use PayPal?

A: Most likely, see question #6.

8. a. Can I sponsor someone else that can't afford to pay for themselves?

A: Yes.

b. How can I sponsor another member?

A: When paying by PayPal, replace your User Name with theirs, or if paying via postal mail please include it.

9. How does PayPal work?

A: PayPal is an account-based system that lets anyone with an email address securely send and receive online payments using their credit card or bank account.

10. When do I actually need to pay?

A: As of December 1, 2002 Premium Memberships will be required to access many features and a majority of the forums.

11. Is this site an Official U2 site?

A: Nope. Fan run since 1996.

12. Has U2 ever visited this site?

A: Edge and Bono told me so themselves, does that answer your question?

13. In the off chance that I become extremely abusive and get myself banned from the forum, will my money be refunded?

A: Nope. Not our fault you decided to be a major wanker.

14. When I subscribe, will my User Name remain the same?

A: Yes.

15. When does/did the Premium Member subscription first go into effect?

A: December 1, 2002

16. I want to become a member, but I dont have a credit card, how else can I pay?

A: You may send a money order, check, or cash (not advisable), via postal mail. You can also use PayPal to withdraw directly from your bank account.

17. Will I be able to store pictures on the server (for posting) if I become a Premium Member?

A: Yes and No... hopefully we will be increasing the ability to do so in the near future (updated Nov. 7, 2002)

18. I have more than one User Name (alter), do I have to pay for a full subscription for each?

A: No. Contact donate@interference.com to discuss the details. This is handled on a case per case basis.

19. Why isn't there a FREE TRIAL?

A: Free trials tend to lead to abuse - people returning, and setting up a new account, for a new free trial. This is a can of worms we don't care to open.

20. Is PayPal safe to use?

A: Seems to be - I've never had a problem with them. PayPal is a very reputable company, owned by EBAY.

21. If I pay via postal mail, how will I know you got my payment?

A: Include your email address and User Name. We'll contact you when we get your payment.

If you have any additional questions not listed above, please feel free to contact donate@interference.com

Old 11-08-2002, 11:03 AM   #2
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:14 PM
Re: Premium Membership FAQ - Your questions answered here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
13. In the off chance that I become extremely abusive and get myself banned from the forum, will my money be refunded?

A: Nope. Not our fault you decided to be a major wanker.

Thanks for the FAQ, Elvis! It really sums things up!

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 11-08-2002, 05:56 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:14 AM
hey, can you tell us which forums that the people who dont subscribe can post in?
Old 11-09-2002, 07:43 PM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 12:14 PM

Quote:

12. Has U2 ever visited this site?

A: Edge and Bono told me so themselves, does that answer your question?

that is really cool, but with this site becoming a pay site how will Bono and The Edge be able to visit now if they don't have a login?
Old 11-10-2002, 12:53 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:14 AM
Re: Re: Premium Membership FAQ - Your questions answered here.

Quote:
Originally posted by little boy blue

that is really cool, but with this site becoming a pay site how will Bono and The Edge be able to visit now if they don't have a login?
I'd hope they could fork over the $2 or $12 to check up on all of us!
Old 11-11-2002, 09:06 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 06:14 PM

that was very funny Little Boy Blue!!!!

the thought.....Edgie and Bono surely dont visit here!

Hey Elvis, shoooooould u re-check this, I have read but mighta missed (by accident), what if, via snailmail if that was my decision, u never received the money on time just at 1st Dec.....is my ass grounded??? never a premer then???

Old 11-11-2002, 12:12 PM   #7
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:14 PM
maddie, i'm sure if he were to receive it, say, december 3rd, you'd be instated as a premiere member then.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:54 PM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

Will there be a list of premium members on the members page? Say, if I go on a posting binge, and I expect certain folks to reply, and they don't, will I be able to go look and see that they may not be able to read and reply? I don't want to end up talking to myself. At least not in public, anyway.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:06 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
NOTE: THIS FORUM WILL NOT GO ENTIRELY 'PAY'. FREE MEMBERS WILL BE ABLE TO POST AND READ IN VARIOUS FORUMS.

I just added this to my first post in the thread... just to make this clear.

No one is being kicked out, you're not becoming an orphan, and ... uhm... everyone stop freaking out

Joel
Old 11-11-2002, 10:03 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

I wasn't freaking out, Joel. I was just wondering about it, that's all. If you want me freaking out, you'll have to see me post in FYM when I'm tired. Now that's a freakout!
Old 11-12-2002, 02:28 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:14 PM
wink

freaks!!!!

man, ya go to europe for a few lousy months and all these changes happen. lol. in any case...I will be sponsoring a few of my new European buddies as a gesture of friendship, solidarity and all that jazz.

oh and i love the new songs.

bonne soiree...

sula

Old 11-12-2002, 05:32 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:14 PM
If I want to sponsor someone with more than one name, does it matter which name I give when I pay, or can I use either of their user names?
Old 11-13-2002, 12:25 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
If I want to sponsor someone with more than one name, does it matter which name I give when I pay, or can I use either of their user names?
First off, I'd sponsor their main name first. Once you do that, send me an email ( donate@interference.com ) to discuss the other name(s).

Joel
Old 11-13-2002, 08:54 AM   #14

Local Time: 12:14 AM

Quote:
1. What about people who have already donated more than $12 ?

A: If you have donated more than $20 in the past 3 months, and are able to provide paypal payment information (such as email address used, full name, paypal transaction, and $ amount), or proof of other form of payment, please send it to donate@interference.com and request your Premium Membership.
do you mean $12 or actually $20 in the last 3 months? I'm not sure I quite follow if you are placing the minimum at $20...
Old 11-13-2002, 06:20 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Re: Premium Membership FAQ - Your questions answered here.

Quote:
Originally posted by ACROB@T

do you mean $12 or actually $20 in the last 3 months? I'm not sure I quite follow if you are placing the minimum at $20...
Previous donations have been being used to pay the bills.

ie. If someone earned a $1000, it doesnt mean that they still have $1000 if they have already spent $600.

A donation of $20 or more is what I decided to be the cut-off, and is not a direct result of the remaining money, or money spent... but what I thought was fair for those that had made a more than generous donation previously.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:17 PM   #16
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
Will there be a list of premium members on the members page? Say, if I go on a posting binge, and I expect certain folks to reply, and they don't, will I be able to go look and see that they may not be able to read and reply? I don't want to end up talking to myself. At least not in public, anyway.
This is a very good question that has not been answered yet and ALSO, can our darn status change to like PREMIUM WAR CHILD or whatever. I still havent got over the fact that like 1000 of my posts were taken off my total when you did some upgrade or whatever but its cool im not stressin about it but people that actully PAY for this place should have some little special designation. Maybe a $ sign next to your user name LOL! Whatever I'm not passionate about any of this just merely adding to discussion...
Old 11-15-2002, 07:14 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Canada Post assures told me that my snail mail would arrive in a week, but so far, nothing, I assume. If it doesn't arrive by monday, I will go and complain (I kept my copy of the IMO, but this is really aggravating).
Old 11-17-2002, 01:51 AM   #18
Refugee

oops, i think i just messed up. I donated $12 a while ago and just sent the transaction to Elvis.. so that doesn't count as my payment then? i'm confused.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:41 PM   #19
Refugee

As U2LA mentioned, I also lost many posts when the upgrade came into effect, no big deal, but just wondering if there is any way (once we are paid premium members) to access posts from before September 2001? You might think it is wierd that I would want to see some of these posts, but I have my reasons
anyways, this won't affect if I become premium cuz I already sent in my $ and I think 12 bucks is nothing for all the fun and info this site has brought me since I found it back in like October 2000, and this is my fav U2 site! but just curious!?
Old 11-18-2002, 02:08 AM   #20
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by mocool12
oops, i think i just messed up. I donated $12 a while ago and just sent the transaction to Elvis.. so that doesn't count as my payment then? i'm confused.
Did you mean to pay for the membership instead of donating? Or were you just donating? In that case you would have needed to donate $20 or more in the past to receive the first year membership free.