Predicting the Future...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
OK, here's the scenario:

U2 released an album in 2007, and one in 2010. It is now 2012 and they are assembling "The Best of 2000-2010." There will be 15 tracks. What 5 songs from HTDAAB does U2 put on it?

Vertigo
City Of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species

Goocher100 said:
Vertigo
City Of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species

Ditto, maybe Love and Peace instead of All Because considerably no one really liked that song.

In a dream world it would be Native Son, All Because...(Alternate), City of Blinding Lights, Love and Peace, Mercy (even in its unfinished state it's better than the rest of Bomb, save City), and a note saying, "We fucked up. Sorry"

Vertigo
City of blinding lights
Love and peace or else
fast cars
Yawheh

phattom said:

Ditto, maybe Love and Peace instead of All Because considerably no one really liked that song.

In a dream world it would be Native Son, All Because...(Alternate), City of Blinding Lights, Love and Peace, Mercy (even in its unfinished state it's better than the rest of Bomb, save City), and a note saying, "We fucked up. Sorry"
all because of you was pretty popular in the UK, played in some football grounds before games, top 5, played on radio etc

KUEFC09U2 said:
all because of you was pretty popular in the UK, played in some football grounds before games, top 5, played on radio etc

yeah was and still is rather popular but u2 dont produce albums and singles for uk and europe do they . ( gives America evils)

Originally posted by MrBrau:
Vertigo
SYCMIOYO
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species

exactly what I think.

In a perfect world I'd want Love and Peace over ABoY.

Last edited:
sadly I agree with LemonMacphisto that his list is mostly likely to make a best of. It'd be nice if they put on Love and Peace or Else but sadly it's got to the stage where I wouldn't be surprised if U2 just lump the singles and only one 'special' album track on their from each record on the next Best Of. :(

phattom said:

It's interesting when one can speak for the rest of the world...

(I don't like it but know a hell of a lot of people who do...)

I live Edge's riff a lot in All Because of You -- in a word, it's "anthemic."

But I could vote for "A Man and a Woman" instead of that.

Most that an album gets on Best of is 4 songs isn't it?

JT got Streets, I still haven't found..., WOWY and Sweetest thing. (One tree hill in some countries)
AB got One, MW, UTEOTW and Even better...
RaH got the big 3 + When love comes to town.

I think Vertigo, Sometimes and COBL are a given. I'd add Love and peace or else; U2 likes to add the non single songs that were popular live (UTEOTW, Bad, Gone) on the Best of's.

U2girl said:
Most that an album gets on Best of is 4 songs isn't it?

JT got Streets, I still haven't found..., WOWY and Sweetest thing. (One tree hill in some countries)
AB got One, MW, UTEOTW and Even better...
RaH got the big 3 + When love comes to town.

I think Vertigo, Sometimes and COBL are a given. I'd add Love and peace or else; U2 likes to add the non single songs that were popular live (UTEOTW, Bad, Gone) on the Best of's.

Those were eras with more albums. This one will have at best three albums, meaning one more song per.

I actually think ABOY will not make it.

Vertigo
SYCMIOYO
LAPOE
COBL
OOTS

Won't Elevation and Walk On be on 2000 to 2010? since they were not on the 90's best of.

In reponse to U2inUTAH, I'm certain that Walk on and Elevation will be on the next Best OF.
I would guess that they will put Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, City of Blinding Lights and All Because of you and possibly OOTS, depending on how many albums they release between now and the next Best Of.
Don't be surprised if Love and Peace and else gets on there, it's so popular live that it may get included even though it wasn't a single, like Bad from the first Best Of. The second Best of included a lot of non-singles, so expect a few surprises. If Mercy isn't on the next album then it is a certainty, 1oo% sure bet to be on the next greatest hits, possibly as their last ever single.......?

Back
Top Bottom