Pre-sale questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just subscribed on u2.com a couple weeks ago. Am I supposed to get some special card with a presale code on it? Should I have already got it? Will it be an actual card I get in the mail, or a "card" that is sent via email?

Also, I've heard that fanfire is having problems, and that they had to send out new cards or something like that. Can anybody enlighten me. Basically, just tell me exactly what I am going to have to do to participate in this presale. Cause I'm going to have to do some traveling to the big cities probably, and the big cities sell out very fast, so I need to get in on this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

i also never got my card but i dont think you need it for pre-sale ( i hope) and it is an actual physical card that should come in the post.

i'm guessing that when pre-sale comes up you'll just have to login using your username and stuff and as far as i gather there is no code (let me know if i'm wrong). i think the card is just a gimmick really, nothing important.
i did email them though asking why i hadn't got my card yet and, surprise surprise, i got no response.
oh well

Ugh... "some days ahead" doesnt sound very reassuring to me... from U2.com

U2, 2005, Happy New Year.
Happy New Year to all U2.Com Members – and our assurances that we will be letting you know the details on U2’s 2005 Tour in good time for you to book.

Please don’t be misled by mischievous tour information you might find elsewhere on the web!

Just as soon as the dates for U2’s 2005 Tour are finalised, we will be mailing you the schedule of shows – and giving you advance information as paid-up U2.Com Members on how you book your own tickets before the general ticket sale is announced.

We are aware that some speculative concert dates are circulating online. Rest assured that no tickets will be on sale until after the official announcement about the tour – and that we will bring you that information as soon as it is confirmed. (We will let you know the dates some days ahead of when you can buy your tickets.)

In the meantime, we’ll also be bringing you plenty of other exclusive content in the coming weeks – including the two new videos that the band have been making with director Phil Joanou.

Watch this space!

Neutral's right on this. I have heard several times from u2.com themselves that all we need is an activated u2.com email address. This is how they plan on communicating the tour info to us.

Hmmm, thanks. I guess I might as well check that e-mail address once in a while since I have never used it...

My sense is that we will get a password to log into the pre-sale. My hope is that they do not give everyone the same password (as it has happened many times before) and the pre-sale becomes a mess.

Personally, I preferred the old Propaganda method where you filled in a form and you were guaranteed the tickets. I hope that they still have that "guarantee".

Back
Top Bottom