Pre-Boy songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Can anyone help me name some of the songs U2 had before BOY. Most were not released in any form.

Boy-Girl (U23 single)
Another Day (2nd single)
11:00 tick tock (3rd single)
The dream is over
Street missions
The fool
The magic carpet
Trevor
Alone in the light
False prophet
Cartoon world- First song they ever wrote
Inside-out
Night Fright
Speed of life
Father is an elephant
Jack in a box
Silver lining
King's new clothes
Carry me home

City At Night is the same as Alone In The Light.
Trevor became Touch
Lost On A Distant Planet is the same as Judith or Magic Carpet

The only one I can remember that is not listed is Concentration Cramp.

DaveC said:
Pete The Chop
which is NOT treasure. just thought i'd say that before someone tried to say it was. :tongue:

i have almost all of these songs in mp3 format, either studio or live. by memory only, i don't think i have concentration cramp, and i may not have carry me home.

KhanadaRhodes said:

which is NOT treasure. just thought i'd say that before someone tried to say it was. :tongue:

i have almost all of these songs in mp3 format, either studio or live. by memory only, i don't think i have concentration cramp, and i may not have carry me home.

Well, Pete The Chop became Treasure. They do sound very similiar, just different lyrics. Kind of like Trevor is Touch with different lyrics.

Blue Room said:
Well, Pete The Chop became Treasure. They do sound very similiar, just different lyrics. Kind of like Trevor is Touch with different lyrics.
well yeah. :)

i just meant they're not the same, like how lost on a silent planet is also judith and magic carpet. :D

the king's new clothes has the same music as the dream is over, as well.

Concentration Cramp

hahaha...this name of this one still makes me laugh.

Melon

I thought of another one.

False Prophet, although someone else may have listed it under a different title. But that is the only title I have heard put with that particular song.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i don't think i have concentration cramp

I was under the impression that Concentration Cramp was never actually recorded, and that Bono just sent some of the lyrics to a museum (unfortunately I forget which one). If it is recorded it must be the world's hardest song to find, because I've never heard of a single person who has a copy of it, including my friend who actually knows the band (personally) and can get a copy of basically anything he wants from them. I'll ask him though, maybe if it was recorded he can get a copy of it for us.

DaveC said:
I was under the impression that Concentration Cramp was never actually recorded
i don't think it was either, i've never come across a recording of it either. although, someone did have a link to it on their site, but OF COURSE it was a 404! :rant:

Concentration Cramp was never recorded in the studio as far as I know. But it was one of the staples of their very early live setlist. I have never run accross a recording of it as it was dropped from their live setlist fairly early.

I never came across Concentration Camp either. That is the only song on this list I've never found. I found a poor live recording of Carry me home, and it's nothing good. But still great to have. It was the only one KaZaa had, and it took forever to download. But I got it, and I've got all these songs on a few CDs, and I'll never lose them. I think "Street Missions" is a really good song, as well as "The dream is over", "Magic carpet", and "Trevor."

"Silver lining" is "11:00 tick tock" with different lyrics, also. "Another day" could have been on BOY. I wish I could go back in time and see U2 perform these songs at their early gigs. That'd be so great.

Um, scuse me, I hate to sound so uninformed, but can someone tell me how I can listen to some of the songs you are listing please?
:confused:

zooperson said:
Um, scuse me, I hate to sound so uninformed, but can someone tell me how I can listen to some of the songs you are listing please?
:confused:

Actually, I got most of these songs of KaZaa. It seemed to have most of them, except Concentration camp.

Another one that has not been added to the list is a song called "Glad to see you go". They closed their October 5, 1979 concert in Cork with this song. On www.u2tours.com, go to this concert, and they have audio downloads from it. But I can't make them work!! ARGH!!

glad to see you go

glad to see you go is a ramones' song.
In fact I read that in the early days they played this song (and on one occasion they pretended it was theirs!!!).

Blue Room said:

Well, Pete The Chop became Treasure. They do sound very similiar, just different lyrics.
Hence Treasure's full title being "Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete The Chop)".

When I first got a copy of "Treasure" as a B side years ago, I always wondered what the Pete the Chop reference in the title was, until later hearing "Pete the Chop", and the last great mystery of the universe was solved.

Back
Top Bottom