Post your U2 Grammy predictions here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by ramblin rose:
Bill Flanagan did his analysis for Album of the Year on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend and it went like this:

He believed that the voting split would be

O brother & Dylan (the folk voters)
Alicia Key & Indie.Arie (the R&B voters)
Outkast (out because the grammy voters weren't ready to vote for a rap album)

Leaving U2 to win, (all other voters)

He advised all of those people that had lost all of their money because of the Enron collapse should quickly go to Vegas and bet the farm.

(Then he said that he has been a close friend of U2 for 20 years so maybe he was a little prejudiced.)
I hope that he is right, but Bill Flannigan is just as much a U2 fan as the rest of us, so we have to take his comments as such!!

My predictions!! U2 will win the following:

1)Album of the Year (Hey, it must be the best album if it contains 1 Grammy winning song, and 3 Grammy nominated songs)

2)Record of the Year-Walk On (This is a great song, and very well written, and well produced. U2 deserves this award)

3)Best Pop Performance by a duo or group (Thank god the voting members aren't 14 year old girls, or we might lose to a boy band)

4)Best Rock Performance by a duo or group
(Most of the other bands in this category would proboablly list U2 as an 'inspiration' to them' for that alone, they should win)

5)Best Rock Album
(As the only one nominated for Best Album, this one is a lock)

They will lose Best Song to Alicia Keys, and Lose Best Rock Song by cancelling themselves out (Walk on vs. Elevation), which is a shame!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

The problem on this whole deal is "should" versus what actually happens. I guess I'am very pessimistic about it after Achtung Baby lost it before and it definately "should" have won.

I think U2 "should" win at least 3 or 4 Grammy's incl. Album Of The Year. But I have a bad feeling that they are going to get robbed this year. I liked last year better. I wasnt expecting them to win much (maybe 1) and neither did anyone else and they got 3. It was great. Now the expectation is very high and I have a bad feeling we are going to be let down badly, just like 1993. I remember watching the show in 1993 and I was just shocked. I wont be tonight if the same thing happens.

Just a sort-of-related FYI..

AOL has a poll (I don't think non-AOL users can vote, so don't bother) and the here are the current standings..

What's your favorite album of the GRAMMY Album Of The Year nominees?

- U2, 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' 22424 36%
- Outkast, 'Stankonia' 17776 28%
- India.Arie, 'Acoustic Soul' 9832 15%
- Various Artists, 'O Brother, Where Art Thou - Soundtrack' 8891 14%
- Bob Dylan, 'Love and Theft' 3350 5%

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Of the 11 people who have actually given a number as far as how many Grammy's U2 will win tonight, the average is 3.5 Grammy's tonight for U2 out of a possible 7. I'm still thinking 4 but hoping for 7. U2 deserve the 7 awards without a doubt. USA TODAY says U2 will scoop up SONG OF THE YEAR despite losing RECORD OF THE YEAR to Alicia Keys. Any other predictions? You have about one more hour!

Back
Top Bottom