Post your reviews/thoughts/comments etc about ZooTV here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never had the VHS but this DVD reminded me of the old VCR days ...

Audio quality is excellent (only tried it on stereo so far), with Adam's bass pretty high in the mix, and Edge somewhat lower than you might imagine.

Picture is very good for a 13year old video, but won't match the newer ones (Boston, Slane, Chicago) for sharpness.

Roll on Milano.

One more question guys :

1- How is the sound for Running ? I remember it on the JT dvd , though that was a lot ago , and the sound was pretty dull , hell I think the copy of the VCD I had on the pc was better , anyway how is it compared with now these 3 new Audio choices ?

2- Anyone could gimme a better review of what's this Zoo A Fistful view , or something like doc ? Does it have any ZOo live footage on it ?

And finally - Is there anything hidden on disc 1 ? Did you already tried title 3 ?

J_NP,

1. The sound on RtSS is better than on the JT DVD. I do not understand any of the sound techo talk, but it sound better IMO.

2. It's like 5 minutes, just Edge n Eno talkling about how it came about.

3. I couldn't find anything

Did anyone else thing EBTTRT was very...average?

Re: Re: Re: Post your reviews/thoughts/comments etc about ZooTV here!!!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

He's in Australia, so I imagine he means AUD. That's only $24 USD, which is about what it's going for (at Best Buy anyway, which contrary to its name, doesn't seem to have the best buy this time :wink: )

:yes: I'm in Australia. I think it was good because I bought the Boston DVD for like $56 and there wasn't that much more on Boston than there is on ZooTV. I was expecting Zoo to be at least $50.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i would totaly not like if someone were to e-mail me a link to an audio rip

wouldn't want it sent to clancy3434 (at) yahoo dot com

Right now i'm not making a .rar file, and it doesnt contain audio from the Zoo TV

So is it alright if i dont send it directly to your yahoo....or should I not upload it at megaupload first?

COBL_04 said:
J_NP,

1. The sound on RtSS is better than on the JT DVD. I do not understand any of the sound techo talk, but it sound better IMO.

2. It's like 5 minutes, just Edge n Eno talkling about how it came about.

3. I couldn't find anything

Did anyone else thing EBTTRT was very...average?

1- Pretty Glad to hear it

Mate thanks for help , but are u sure ur answer isn't for Inside Story ? Coz That's what u2tour.de says .....

Headache in a Suitcase said:
whatever's easiest for you for the non existant file

The non-existant file is currently not uplaoding....and i wont send you a PM soon (my upload is 25kb/s...so it could be an hour or so before the file isnt uploaded)

For anyone who knows him, you can hear Tony Greig as clear as day during the TV zapping! Brilliant.

I love this DVD. Great sound, great show. Brings back so many great memories...

Im sorry the quality is WAY better then the VHS version of this show and the sound is superior on a home theatre setup, anybody that says differently has a brutal home theatre.

^ Uh, you're forgetting ATYCLB and HTDAAB :wink:

J_NP said:

1- Pretty Glad to hear it

Mate thanks for help , but are u sure ur answer isn't for Inside Story ? Coz That's what u2tour.de says .....

Possibly...I watched them all at once.

I have a question for you guys:

Is the DTS tracks softer then the Dolby digital 5.1 track?

If i switch from DD to DTS then volume sounds like it has gone down a lot.

And there is nothing wrong with my receiver btw, i don't have this at other dvd's.

I think im going to stick with the DD 5.1 track now, it sounds a lot clearer.

I just went to Tower and they didnt have it and said they werent planning on getting it. Borders wasnt carrying it yet and Barnes and Noble didnt have it either and werent expecting too! WTF. IM gonnamake a trip to Best Buy tonight after class.

Went to circuit city and asked a clerk if they had it, cause I sure as hell couldn't find it. he had to go in the back and get it. He brought the one disc version out and I asked if they "had the 2 disc version" and he said "we didn't order those sorry". So luckily Best Buy was down the street and they had like 15 of each version. In the end I got what I wanted:drool:

Tower in Sherman Oaks doesn't have it (what you'd expect from a company that is going out of business) but Borders did...both versions.

I'm going to my local music company in the next couple of days. I can't expect too much, but they have a decent music video section (it had Rattle and Hum, both Elevation's and Vertigo).

allbecauseofme said:
Went to circuit city and asked a clerk if they had it, cause I sure as hell couldn't find it. he had to go in the back and get it. He brought the one disc version out and I asked if they "had the 2 disc version" and he said "we didn't order those sorry". So luckily Best Buy was down the street and they had like 15 of each version. In the end I got what I wanted:drool:

Me too, but Circuit City had neither version here...Best Buy to the rescue...

I went to Circuit City at lunch, and they didn't have it out, but then I went over to the music register and they had a whole bunch of new releases on a cart next to the counter, and sure enough, both versions of the DVD were sitting there.

I ran out and got it this morning and watched...It brought back such awsome memories and churned up some I had forgotten....I just didn't remember how awsome McPhisto was and With or Without You was one of the best versions I have heard, Running to Standstill :drool: I was at the end of the cat walk for that one. Love is Blindness....:drool: Just such awsome memories of the 2 shows that I had seen.

Total U2 Nut ....I was 27...I could've been your Mom!!!!

Back
Top Bottom