Post some Bono cornball lines!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Although the B-man is, er, the man, let's face it, when you speak so much at concerts you're bound to say some odd stuff.

So skipping the usual funny stuff he said in Rattle And Hum, here's one from Lovetown Dec 27th...

In the middle of People Get Ready:
"Coke is not the real thing, this...is the real thing."

Post more brilliant live quips! :drool:

Although this might not fit into oddball, it was funny as hell and embarassing:

During Sunday Bloody Sunday in the Free the Yuppies Concert in San Francisco, BONO sees a "S.F. and U2" sign in the audience. Bono, thinking it means "Sinn Fein and U2" proceeds to go into a verbal rampage.

To paraphrase:

"Whats that sign I see, I see two letters SF and U2 (people in the audience cheer wildly cause it obviously stands for San Francisco and U2) is that some sort of girls name.Or Is that Sinn Fein, the IRA. Cause if it does I dont know how you can stomach and hold up that sign this week. Cause you bastards let those people die 11 dead, 55 wounded in the name of freedom. Fuck Freedom!!!......When was the last time you were in Ireland anyway...."

Poor dude in the audience must have been wtf.

:wink:

snutes1 said:

During Sunday Bloody Sunday in the Free the Yuppies Concert in San Francisco, BONO sees a "S.F. and U2" sign in the audience. Bono, thinking it means "Sinn Fein and U2" proceeds to go into a verbal rampage.

To paraphrase:

"Whats that sign I see, I see two letters SF and U2 (people in the audience cheer wildly cause it obviously stands for San Francisco and U2) is that some sort of girls name.Or Is that Sinn Fein, the IRA. Cause if it does I dont know how you can stomach and hold up that sign this week. Cause you bastards let those people die 11 dead, 55 wounded in the name of freedom. Fuck Freedom!!!......When was the last time you were in Ireland anyway...."

LOL priceless :wink:

"Ipod is the sexiest thing since the electric guitar", or something like that.

:eyebrow:

Hehe, sexiest thing since the electric guitar, the electric bass guitar. ;)

Last edited:
thrillme said:
"Ipod is the sexiest thing since the electric guitar", or something like that.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I love ya, Bono, but come on... I don't think the iPod will have the same impact as the electric guitar. LOL

snutes1 said:

To paraphrase:

DUDE!! I think I know the person who had that sign! There was a post on U2.com a while back in the thread about Bono ever getting pissed off at fans or at a concert, and it was pretty funny shit in there, and so this fan mentioned having this sign like that that pissed Bono off and he didn't know why.
I think that's what the sign said, too. :ohmy: :huh:

Either way, that is one of the funniest things I've read on here all day, LOL.

"Mexico, Muchos Huevos Grandes, Muchos Traffico, Esto es Mexico" POPMART MEXICO

For those that don't speak Spanish, he's literally saying that in Mexico they have big balls and a lot of traffic.

5/12/97 Dallas...

Bono-"let's cut the crap and rock and roll!"

they followed that with the Edge doing a karaoke version of 'Daydream Believer'.

obviously, the crap was not quite finished yet! :)

rastacruz said:
5/12/97 Dallas...

Bono-"let's cut the crap and rock and roll!"

they followed that with the Edge doing a karaoke version of 'Daydream Believer'.

obviously, the crap was not quite finished yet! :)

I think it's called irony.

On some U2 bootleg UF era I have. Before the band plays "Knocking On Heaven's Door" , Bono says something about

"Were going to play 'A Song' so here it goes 'A Song'."

starsgoblue said:
I thought 'huevos' was Spanish for 'eggs'..... :scratch:

Big balls, big eggs...it's still funny...

You're right but it's because we also use "eggs" as a reference to male geniatlia. It's actually the most common slang term for it.

snutes1 said:

To paraphrase:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats a good one

"ok edge, play the blues" is classic and is awesome
"am I bugging you, dont mean to bug ya" is also a classic and awesome!

snutes1 said:

To paraphrase:

silly bono.
:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom