Post here if you're still holding out for the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

• Yes, I couldnt wait!

Votes: 198 57.4%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is leaked

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is released

Votes: 114 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the beach clips but I'm holding out for the rest as well. March 3rd is around the corner........isn't it?

I listened to the GOYB Beach clip and the u2.com videos, but I'm trying to hold out.

I got chest pains reading that Walmart thread though.

ok~its been about 4 hours and im doing fine, heard the beachclips and 'breathe' on wall miz-art..hoping a leak will spring in the next few days before i go completly crazy and break down:)

i am holding out big time. i used to be a major CD guy, now i am all about the digital music. i rarely buy cd's any more (mostly download stuff)... but i am so pumped to purchase NLOTH, go home to a dark room and an expensive pair of bose headphones and just press play.

i am really tempted to listen to the clips, as i recall doing that with the ATYCLB website / virtual card clips...

but this album seems like it is going to be special, and i don't want to spoil that. Plus i really really dispise Walmart in general. hahaha.

Maybe if they were on the Target website. :lol::lol:

I've held out on the beach clips. I've only listened to GOYB. These Wal-mart clips will be tough to avoid. I listend to literally 3 seconds of Magnificent but then stopped it b/c I don't want to ruin it. Again, I've said before on here, ATYCLB and HTDAAB were ruined for me b/c I'd heard every song before I got the album. There was no surprise.

Those of us who are avoiding beachclips, WalMartclips, and whatever else---make your presence known! I think we're all going to need to support each other in this trying time....

:grouphug:

I didn't listen to the beach clips but listened to the walmart clips so can I hang out here??? Or am I in some crazy 3rd dimension between the no-beach-clips / no-walmart-clips people and the no-clips-at-all people!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWw!!!!!!!!!!

Listened to beach clips (and couldn't make out anything anyway) and the U2.com bits.

I'll pass on the Walmart clips.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

I havent and I wont, because it destroys the big suprise when you listend to the whole album for the first time. I wont listend to any live performences of the new songs(only GOYB) untill I have heard the whole album. I have wait in nearly 4 1/2 year. So I can wait 0-15 days till the whole album leaks.

I wait to the album have leaked, listend to the 30 sec clips destroy all the suprises. I wont listen to any live version of the songs(only GOYB) until I have heard the album. I ahev wait over 4 1/2 year on the album, so I can wait 0-15 days till the album leaks. Wich I think is very close, now when they have 30 sec clips of it :)

That's weird, the comment I left on the other thread has just completely vanished. :huh:

Anyway, I've not listened to either the beach clips on the new 30 second clips. I don't think fragments give you much of an idea one way or the other TBH.

I just prefer to hear the thing the way the band intend.

I'm actually quite surprised by my willpower, but I keep thinking that this way, it'll all be new and fresh for me when its finally released. No spoilers for me!!:D

Still holding out as I've listened to these sort of things in recent years before albums and its always lessened the experience of the first proper listen once I have the finished thing in my hand.

Haven't listened to anything. Only listened to GOYB cos my friend d/led off itunes. Won't hear the album till I go to the CD shop.

I'm listening to every microsecond that leaks. 4.5 fucking years is plenty. It's new album time.

Ah, I was wondering when this thread would start. Glad to hear there are a few of us out there. I've listened to the U2.com clips and the Observer video from this morning, but not the beach clips or the WalMart clips. I have enjoyed hearing the album progress in bits and pieces through these clips and am really enjoying reading the disparate reactions to the new music. It's been great trying to piece together what they might sound like by reading the various reviews and views. At the same time, I have yet to hear 'Get On Your Boots' either as the last time I listened to 'Vertigo' to death and then couldn't bear it when the album came out. Instead, I'd like to listen to the new record as I listened to In Rainbows completely fresh from the zip file when it came out in October 2007.

I listened. Don't regret it either because I know it won't ruin my experience with the album since they are only 30 seconds. I already knew the main sound of Magnificent, Unknown Caller, Crazy (kinda), Boots, and Breathe. So that left me with NLOTH/MOS/SUC/F-BB/WAS/COL, half of which make me even MORE excited to hear the entire tracks and the other half didn't even give me much to go on by the portion given in the clip selection.

I've not heard a single second of any of the beachclips, nor will I listen to these clips.
From the U2.com vids I've only heard about 2 or 3 because I was asked about the instruments in it, but that's it.
All I've heard from the new album is Boots, and that'll stay the same until I get the album in my hands.

:wave: Anyone who needs support can knock on my door, I have no problem at all with temptation in this case.

i'm holding out, i don't even like to watch trailers before films!
i want to download the leak (V0 - Retail Rip) get a nice bottle of wine and have an evening with me and my headphones...

I'm listening to every microsecond that leaks. 4.5 fucking years is plenty. It's new album time.

This.

Of course I completely respect people's choice of not listening to clips but honestly... I don't get it.

I don't see how this 'ruins' the experience of listening to the whole album when it comes out, there will still be plenty to discover. To me listening to bits and pieces just extends the whole new album release experience. It makes the whole process so much more fun and exciting. Why would anyone choose to miss out on that is beyond me :huh: :wink:

But hey, sure, keep resisting if that's what makes your experience more worth it :up:

I couldn't resist anymore (I am only human you know) and I have no regrets. What a great songs! If you choose to listen to one clip only, listen to Fez-being Born. Pure magic:angel:.

The only full beach clips I've heard was Get On Your Boots the day before the actual radio release and beach clip 5 which isn't on the album anyways from what I've read. Pity.

Then I've listened to the u2.com/Adam clips but that's it. I'm gonna wait for the either the leak or release, whichever happens first because of the March 4th release date over here. Still getting the Digipack version I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom