post a yes if you want more of edge's singing in the next albums to come!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rudybay

The Fly
the title says it all!!

edge's singing voice is from the future, although i prefer his melodic one... meaning that the voice he uses on VDL isnt quite from the future

YES. I would be thrilled if Edge sang lead on one song (preferably more!) I love his voice. He needs to use it more often.

I loved Edge's vocals on Native Son, which they cut from Vertigo :mad:

In other words, yes I'd love to hear more Edge vocals next time around.

:edge: YES :edge:

There's a direct correlation between more Edge singing and U2's best work. I can't really explain it, but I think Edge balances the equation, and brings Bono's voice back to earth.

Yes!

I listened to "Native Son" today and was thinking how Edge has a very clear, ringing voice, kind of like his guitar playing. :hmm:

I think it would be great to have a duet between him and Bono (similar to "Seconds"), instead of the lead/background arrangement they usually use.

edge should stay where he is as far as the next album is concerned... he is the perfect compliment to bono as far as back up vocals go, but i have a question regarding the next tour...Does anybody think he will sing Van Diemen's Land ? that would be awesome..i don't understand why he performs that song so little...it's great

You mean trading verses like Seconds or Miracle Drug ? OK, but otherwise let's keep the lead vocal as is.

Bean Skidds said:
I loved Edge's vocals on Native Son, which they cut from Vertigo :mad:

In other words, yes I'd love to hear more Edge vocals next time around.

Agreed, his vocals were outstanding on Native Son.

Yes. Bono was better than Edge at his peak, but now I'm not so sure which is superior. Edge was better around 1997-2001, and certainly the more consistent of the two.

Hell, let's just kick Bono out and turn U2 into a trio. :wink:

Axver said:
Yes. Bono was better than Edge at his peak, but now I'm not so sure which is superior. Edge was better around 1997-2001, and certainly the more consistent of the two.

Hell, let's just kick Bono out and turn U2 into a trio. :wink:

See, what I always wondered was why Edge didn't actually just take over lead singing when Bono couldn't, ie. the Sarajevo show. Let Bono have a break if his voice isn't tops, and let Edge sing instead...

major_panic said:

See, what I always wondered was why Edge didn't actually just take over lead singing when Bono couldn't, ie. the Sarajevo show. Let Bono have a break if his voice isn't tops, and let Edge sing instead...

I think Edge has done that occassionally in the past, when Bono's been struggling, although admittedly it's rare. I personally wouldn't mind, but I suppose it comes down to audience expecations, they expect Bono to sing certain songs.

With all of Bono's vocal difficulties in recent years I have thought about Edge taking a more central role on some of the harder to sing numbers, but you have to be careful, its important Bono doesn't become too redundant, preserving his voice is key.

With all due respect for Edge's voice, it's nice to hear him because it's only special occasions.
I wouldn't want him to take over songs that are not his and certainly I wouldn't be happy if he sang instead of Bono if his voice is lower than usual.

Back
Top Bottom