Possibly the least popular U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Album by album, the songs that get no love:

Boy: Shadows and Tall Trees

October: With a Shout, Is That All, Stranger in a Strange Land

War: Refugee, Red Light

UF: 4th of July, Indian Summer Sky

JT: Tripped Through Your Wire

R&H: Love Rescue Me

AB: Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World

Zooropa: Babyface, Some Days are Better Than Others

Pop: Miami, Playboy Mansion

ATYCLB: Peace On Earth, Grace, Wild Honey

HTDAAB: A Man and a Woman, One Step Closer

You can't go wrong with any those. Their bash to praise quotients are probably the highest around here.

miss becky said:
My least favorite U2 song is Fortunate Son. In fact, "least favorite" is not even close to being accurate. I LOATHE that song. But that's a cover, so it may not count. So my least favorite U2 original songs are Red Light and Grace.
:barf: god i hate fortunate son. i don't even have it on my computer anymore! i downloaded it years ago, listened to it once and promptly deleted the song.

TheRooster said:
I smell a Survivor, vote for your favorite track until the least liked one is left.
:hmm: it'd give me something to do when i'm recovering from surgery or whatever... :hyper:

Layton said:

You can't go wrong with any those. Their bash to praise quotients are probably the highest around here.

SUPERB choices(except for babyface..i like that one)

Achtung Joshua! said:
Super boring song that I've never listened to all the way through once since the album came out :madspit:

Ditto on that........ I've also NEVER heard the whole song !!!
I figure it's pointless to do so.. don't like that tune !!!

KhanadaRhodes said:
after they'd gotten done playing ghost in the machine. :love:

psilonaut??

anyway, i can't believe the wanderer has been mentioned. it just goes to show how out of touch some of you are.

Probably Is That All.

No one cares about it at all, and Stokesy was bagging the crap out of it in his INTO THE HEART book.

Shame.....it's my second favourite song from October...

It's not Miami, there are plenty of people who love that song on this forum, it's just a love/hate thing, just like Elevation and several other songs.

It has to be Red Light, that song is garbage and I've been here for almost 5 years, I couldn't tell you 3 times I saw someone actually type out that they like that song. Some people hate Elevation and Miami, but I've seen dozens of people who love those songs.

The lower end of October isn't really even recognized enough to be considered. Red Light is by far the worst track on a very good album.

I really like trip through your wires, some days are better than others , Miami, and Wild Honey.

just goes to show it's all subjective.

The wanderer is fucking brilliant.

The lyrics are some of Bono's best.

"I went out there, In search of experience...
to taste and to touch,
and to feel as much.
As a man can before he repents."

oh my God, preach on preach on...
Amazing song, brilliant vocals by Johnny cash, when he lays down his voice it's like his soul is singing. And the way the song fades out and closes is perfection, with the backing vocals.

Originally posted by Layton

I'll agree that a lot of these songs aren't popular among the people at these boards. But I personally like nearly every song off of here (people don't like "Shadows And Tall Trees"?!?! What? Aw, c'mon!). The only one I would for sure agree with everyone on off of this list is "Some Days Are Better Than Others". And "4th Of July"-I don't hate it, but it's not my absolute favorite. Everything else I like...I guess I'm just a weirdo :shrug:. Eh. Oh, well.

Angela

Layton said:

Pretty accurate list, I'd add When love comes to town for R&H. That one gets a lot of bashing too.

That said, from that list I like Indian summer sky, Trip..., Love rescue me, Tryin'..., both Zooropa songs, Wild honey and Peace on earth and One step closer and A man and a woman.

Last edited:
miss becky said:
My least favorite U2 song is Fortunate Son. In fact, "least favorite" is not even close to being accurate. I LOATHE that song.
TAKE IT AWAY, BONO!

(harmonica solo)

I have to admit that I too think 'Grace', 'Playboy Mansion' and 'Refugee' are least popular...

However, I LOVE 'The Wanderer' and 'Jerusalem' (I LOVE October)... I'm shocked people seem to dislike them so much!

Oh well, that's the way it goes! :)

Personally, I love The Wanderer. Not by any means a classic U2 song with that classic U2 sound, but it's a beautiful tune and the lyrics are incredible. Regarding the vocalist, The Man in Black needs no defending.

As far as just a downright bad song, I have to nominate The Playboy Mansion. I press the "Next" button at light speed whenever that stinker comes on. Gladly, I can't think of any others of theirs that I feel are just not good.

Indian Summer Sky is pretty good, I love the wahwahs in the chorus, and Shadows and Tall Trees was the only early demo not drastically changed to make the album for sum reason, cuz it's pretty good:rockon:

Just to clarify... the intention of this post was really to see if everyone considers The Wanderer to be the LEAST POPULAR song, not if anyone here likes it. Somebody mentioned the word subjective. Of course there's gonna be people who absolutely love the song. Hell, there may be some who worship Red Light (not that I have seen any :wink: ) but I'm just wondering if it's the song that makes most people go "Eh... this one is boring. I think I'll skip it". Personally I like it but there may be many who're not big on the profound lyrics and Cash's vocals.

Back
Top Bottom