Possible useful information on new album!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was browsing PLEBA, in the section about band sightings. One person there who met either Adam or Larry the other day in the studio said something along the lines of "we're nearly done. There are 4 songs that still need the final vocals and a few other treatments."

Sounds like they need to chain Bono to a chair in their studio and say "SING!" I can hear the stories now.....about how the other 3 were really coming up with great stuff left and right, and it was just hard to get Bono into the studio to actually get some work done. Something tells me this is gonna be Edge's finest album. Still holding on for 2003 release....................holding on..........

lol..that's so funny. people browsing through pleba to get info on how the band is progressing on the album. hehe

I hope this is valid information, and not bunk. It would be quite cool if they really were almost done with the recording.

Mixing and mastering will probably take quite a bit of time for U2, especially since we dont even know who the freaking producer is.

They could put out the album this year. Mixing could take 2-3 months, but mastering doesn't take nearly as long. Then figure 2-3 months for marketing after the final LP is delivered. October/November is a definite possibility.

Hey guys! Can someone direct me to the thread(s) in question so I can report this for U2News and Interference.com? :wave: Thanks!

HelloAngel said:
Hey guys! Can someone direct me to the thread(s) in question so I can report this for U2News and Interference.com? :wave: Thanks!

PLEBA........Band Sightings and meetings........thread "Studio Today".

It's kinda pieced together weird. I don't think the person speaks english very well or just has poor grammar. And there's something about 4 songs left....and only Bono's party. So read into it what you like, but to me it sounds very good!

February 21, 2003: In this article from MTV news, Bono describes the new album thusly: "It's full-on, a full-throttle record. It's like punk rock made on Venus. It is a mad sound The Edge is making. People are saying, 'Bono, people are sick of you. You've been around, you've been winning all these awards. You have to go away for a while.' This record is so good that it won't even matter that people are sick of U2. And by the way, I'm sick of Bono - and I am Bono." THE ARTICLE SAYS BONO HOPES THE ALBUM IS OUT BY THE END OF THIS YEAR.

February 14, 2003: The UK tabloid Daily Records included this in today's gossip roundup: "U2 drummer Larry Mullen says the band, nominated for an Oscar for "The Hands That Built America," plan to experiment with electronic-based instruments and strings ON THEIR NEW ALBUM, DUE OUT LATER THIS YEAR."

Both pretty recent quotes from two different band members saying they hope it will be out by the end of this year. These came from @U2. It goes to show that they are planning the album being released this year, and that's what they're pushing for. I dunno, I don't really think they have any reason to make it later than that. They've been working on songs since early 2002, and some were even hanging around during the ATYCLB sessions. I think that we shouldn't just assume they'll delay it. I think they wanna do just like last time, pre Christmas release. So take all this into consideration. Every indication from the band says late 2003.

I hope this album stays low and underground on its release. I hope there is no hype to it. It seems that this is how it is going. It's more intriging that way. Achtung Baby was kind of like that.

But if there's no hype, it won't do as well. With Achtung Baby, U2 were extremely mainstream and popular. They didn't really need to promote it...they knew it would do well. But U2 are older and less popular than they were in those days. It will take them a serious amount of promotion in order for it to succeed the way they want it to.

Who cares if there is no hype? All I want is a great album. If it's great then on that alone it will do well.

Why are people more concerned with U2 album sales? Wasn't there a time when people were more concerned about how great the album sounded?

I hope the guitar sounds like "The Edge," rather than a guitar sound trying to be the furthest thing from "The Edge."

I really kind of miss that signature U2 guitar sound...

Melon

The_acrobat said:
February 21, 2003: In this article from MTV news, Bono describes the new album thusly: "It's full-on, a full-throttle record. It's like punk rock made on Venus. It is a mad sound The Edge is making. People are saying, 'Bono, people are sick of you. You've been around, you've been winning all these awards. You have to go away for a while.' This record is so good that it won't even matter that people are sick of U2. And by the way, I'm sick of Bono - and I am Bono."

why i love Bono :heart:

punk rock made on venus

bring it on

Back
Top Bottom