Possible/Hopeful Song Combos for Next Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok...time to start talking again

U2 has always produced a wonderful setlist for just about every show they perform. There are many great song combos that they have done over the years. Some of the more popular ones:

Bad/40/Streets (Elevation)
AIWIY/Love Will Tear Us Apart (Popmart)
Bad/Ruby Tuesday/Sypmathy for the Devil (JT, Rattle & Hum DVD)
Sunday Bloody Sunday/Get Up Stand Up (Elevation)
October/NYD (UABRS)

Some of the not-so-popular yet super-cool ones are:

Discotheque/SATS (Elevation)
Bad/The First Time (Zoo TV)
Mysterious Ways/Sexual Healing (Elevation)
Discotheque/The Fly (Popmart)

Here are some of my hopefuls for the next tour

Angel of Harlem/Elevation (Same chords, similar tempo, would be cool!)
AIWIY/The First Time :D
Bad/Grace :hyper:

What do you guys hope for?

I don't care about segues, lets just bring some old rarities...

Twilight / An Cat Dubh / Sort of Homecoming / THE OCEAN / Another Time Another Place / Shadows and Tall Trees / Indian Summer Sky / Unforgettable Fire / One Tree Hill ...

as well as the live premieres of Heartland and Red Hill Mining Town.

ID DO ANYTHING TO HEAR JUST 5 SECONDS OF GLORIA LIVE.....

Maybe Throw the final chorus of gloria onto one of their songs, i know bono is sick of singing it and reckons he cant do it but he should improvise, please...... maybe

elevation/gloria.....

october/gloria....

pride/gloria

gone/gloria....

streets/gloria

i dont care just gimme gloria when they come to australia next.....!

wouldnt mind seconds, incluiding the 'soldier girls' part pleayed across the stadium or arena or whatever....

beautiful day/mysterious ways

please/ wake up dead man

Also, we gotta here acrobat and heartland live......sometime soon....

October/New Year's Day, I Threw A Brick Through A Window/A Day Without Me, and Bullet The Blue Sky/Running To Stand Still MUST return. And as an encore, I demand 11 O'clock Tick Tock/I Will Follow/40. In fact, I don't care where it is, I want my 11 O'clock.

I'd also like to see All I Want Is You/Streets a la Slane, and Please/Streets a la Popmart Mexico.

Odds are Edge has forgotten a whole heap of songs we'd like to see, though ...

I want a OLD SCHOOL COMBO

The almighty....
The greatest of them all...
The grand daddy of them all...
The WRESTLEMANIA of them all...
The one that rock my world when i hear it...

OH MY GOD.... :drool: :sad: (as beautiful as a Coco-Drimpy)

DESIRE / ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER !!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::bow::applaud::faint::combust:

I would also like this ones:

- (coming of the acoustic set) Dirty Day - Out Of Control - Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Old School: An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
- Discotheque - If you wear that velvet dress - Gone

I'd cry if this one comes true...
- Until The End Of the World - Like A Song :drool:

- MLK / Where The Streets Have No Name
- Beautiful Day - One - New Song (last encore)
- (starting the show, lights out) Lady With The Spinning Head - Elevation

For the acoustic set this would be nice (and new)

- New Year's Day (beautiful acousticly)
- Acrobat (it's about time now)

Re: Re: Possible/Hopeful Song Combos for Next Tour

hmm...can't remember the exact date, but The Fly was just a snippet

Miami/New York as the closer. That should put the crowd to sleep and silence then so they won't ask for more.

Cheers,

J

:shrug: I hope they keep the Bad/40 or other snippets/Streets and AIWIY/Streets combined, and that Running to stand still comes back.

onegin22 said:
I don't care about segues, lets just bring some old rarities...

Twilight / An Cat Dubh / Sort of Homecoming / THE OCEAN / Another Time Another Place / Shadows and Tall Trees / Indian Summer Sky / Unforgettable Fire / One Tree Hill ...

as well as the live premieres of Heartland and Red Hill Mining Town.

What cool choices! :up: I love the Red Rocks versions of Twilight/ An Cat Dubh- something in that vein would be awesome. And The Ocean and One Tree Hill are faves of mine.

Axver said:
October/New Year's Day, I Threw A Brick Through A Window/A Day Without Me, and Bullet The Blue Sky/Running To Stand Still MUST return. And as an encore, I demand 11 O'clock Tick Tock/I Will Follow/40. In fact, I don't care where it is, I want my 11 O'clock.

I'd also like to see All I Want Is You/Streets a la Slane, and Please/Streets a la Popmart Mexico.

Odds are Edge has forgotten a whole heap of songs we'd like to see, though ...

I vote for Axver to go on tour with U2 and be responsible for the set list! :applaud:

So many cool suggestions in here already. I would like to see the first encore comprised of this never-performed-together-at-least-to-my-knowledge trio:

The Fly/ Ultraviolet/ Lady w/the Spinning Head.

Oh, I love these kinds of questions. One more post and I'll shut up and stop spamming this thread. This might sound kinda odd, its more to do with an atmospheric nostalgia I can't explain, but Boomerang II, or part of, leading into Acrobat.

I would love them to re-Visit Red Rocks in 2008 (to mark the 25th Anniversary, since Coldplay played on the 20th) and they should play the original setlist the whole way through except 40.

Then:-

First Encore: (acrobat would be an amazing opener for a first encore)

Acrobat/Streets
*Then various other rarites

Second Encore: Walk On/Running to Stand Still/40

Beautiful Day/Gloria
Bad/The First Time (I think they did this at Zooropa)
Wire/In God's Country (could be tricky, but a sweet combo if they could pull it off)
Cry/Electric Co. (hehe)

Last edited:
I just downloaded a boot of the PopMart Tel Aviv show, and I have to say "Miami/Bullet the Blue Sky" is one of my new favorite live combos.

ummmmmm, so many choices......

I'd love to hear "40" as the final encore again....it has so much momentum! Hopefully, one day, I'll hear them end a concert with that again....This Tour, I 'd love to hear BD, Elevation and Walk On again....from Evevation Tour. One, and Ultra Violet from ZOO TV......Streets, WOWY from JT (I won't miss anything from POP) except, I wouldn't mind hearing "If you wear that velvet dress" though I highly doubit it will be played)........and
BAD, PRIDE and GLORIA

Look at us! Alreay making up our wish lists, like little kids do for Santa, and we haven't even heard anything from the new
album....We're too funny

Back
Top Bottom