PopMart Sarajevo-- Viva Sarajevo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
WOW.

I am listening to this for the first time ever! (Thanks J!!)

and it's just completely broken me.

If I get some requests I'll put it on my website for you guys.

Anyone heard it??

I'm just overwhelmmmedddd

oh Lord, let me sing!

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

YES, chile, w/ the MOTD! wowoww again!

but this one is astounding- b/c of his voice and all , i'm just overwhelmed (lol and obviously at a lack for words)

look what I found:

29267975oUuGARDjoG_ph.jpg

(hopefully webshots works)

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

I listen to PopMart Sarajevo every day in my car.

There's nothing like thousands of war-torn people singing "Stand By Me" to pull at the heart-strings.

Incredible bootleg!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Oh yeah- thanks to Acro! I listened to Sarajevo when I was driving back home for the weekend, and I had to have started crying about 5 times. Ugh, it's just awesome.

Originally posted by follower:
Best performance of Last Night on Earth ever.

You don't hear me say that, but I do think it's one of the most emotional/interesting performances of this song. You can almost literally hear Bono's voice snap during the first chorus. Before Last Night On Earth Bono sounded rough, but after LNOE his voice was shot. Nevertheless, the emotional level became incredibly high, so it's still a must-have concert.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

ripping them as we speak. um, so to speak.

anyway, about 10 or 11 EST they'll be on my site. i'll let you know.

oh, that's just the first disc. i'll have to do part 2 tomorrow
smile.gif

------------------

U2 Take Me Higher

It's awesome--thanks again ACROB@T!!!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

I think hearing the Sarajevo show way back in Nov 1997 might have been the clincher for my fanhood...it made me cry, pray and smile..and gave me goosebumps...and Bono's voice was shot...when Bono and the boys talk about being soul singers...this is what they are on about!

Megan

I just got this boot a couple of weeks ago. It is one of my favorites ever and I'm not even a huge Popmart fan, even tho I saw one show on the tour.
The highlights:
1. Last Night on Earth
2. Miss Sarajevo
3. Pride

Yep, this is a tearjerker!

Best performance of Last Night on Earth ever.
I felt exactly like you olive, when I heard that concert for the first time, it's amazing.

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

I haven't been able to rename them or anything yet, and only have the first 16 tracks up.. but here's where you can find them
smile.gif

http://www.u2takemehigher.com/music/Sarajevo/

they should be in that directory, just right click and save as. once again, sorry for not having them named yet.

i'll get the rest up this weekend
smile.gif

Olive

------------------

U2 Take Me Higher

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 01-16-2002).]

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 01-16-2002).]

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
I haven't been able to rename them or anything yet, and only have the first 16 tracks up.. but here's where you can find them
smile.gif

http://www.u2takemehigher.com/music/Sarajevo/

they should be in that directory, just right click and save as. once again, sorry for not having them named yet.

i'll get the rest up this weekend
smile.gif

Olive

Thanks so much, Olive- you rock! I'm downloading them as I type. Thank you for being so generous.
smile.gif

Originally posted by popsadie:
I think hearing the Sarajevo show way back in Nov 1997 might have been the clincher for my fanhood...it made me cry, pray and smile..and gave me goosebumps...and Bono's voice was shot...when Bono and the boys talk about being soul singers...this is what they are on about!

Megan

How nice of you to share the Sarajevo concert, Olive. Popsadie is the one who let me make a copy of her CDs. Thanks Megan!!!!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

I?ve got it as well. It?s the best boot I?ve got. So amazing. So emotional.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

olive2cm,

Thanks for putting up the mp3's. Just a couple of questions, though. It seems that the file for Miss Sarajevo is actually With or Without You, and that the version of Streets is cut short. Am I mistaken or are these actually the cases?

Back
Top Bottom