popmart sarajevo one of U2s greatest shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
there seems to be very little talk about this show...both musically and historically...Bono's voice is crap most of the show, but the unification of the audience, the way they got the trains running for that one night, and the debut of miss sarajevo...its just something beautiful and unmissable

the live version of "One" from this concert is one of my all time favorites. During the intro Bono apologizes for his voice not being there, but says they wouldn't want to be anywhere else but in Sarajevo. And he also says one of my favorite Bono quotes during the song. "To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect differences may be even a greater thing." Very emotional moment when you listen to it. I can only imagine what it must have felt like to be there.

Even though he lost his voice, I actually really like the way Bono sounds during this performance of One.

It's one of u2's best moments of entire career , and one of the things I'm most proud of bein fan of this band ......

Highlight , the beginning of Even Better than The Real Thing , One of Bono's very best lines , before the song kicks in

After " Viva Sarajevo" :

"FUCK THE PAST , KISS THE FUTURE "

It's so bloody powerful and the back sound of the song kickin in

Back
Top Bottom