PopMart Rotterdam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
Hey People I would like to know if anyone here have or listened the whole rotterdam concert which had Streets , Staring and Please in the Live single of Please ? Or even somebody who attended the show , basically just wanna know if the whole concert was that good, I mean all these 3 songs are just a blast in the cd , please/streets just sounds fucking awesome , and Staring is one of the best performances I've heard so far , Bono and Edge were really into it , so tell me how was the rest of the concert ?

BTW if anyone wants know the concert is the one of july 18 , 97.

I was there. It really was that good. I also have a bootleg of that show. If you compare it to the released single, you also hear that no overdubs were used (apart from a bit of tweaking in the mix).

That show also had killer versions of Last Night On Earth, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me and Rain.

Good stuff! :up:

Bono's vocals were great in Rotterdam. Please/Streets were fantastic. You can just feel something very real during the transition. :up:

I was there in the drizzling rain, and it was a mind-blowing show. To hog the spotlight for a minute, can I just say that I've been lucky to have seen a few "big" U2 shows before, too, but that Rotterdam one might have been the best

1) PopMart opening night in Vegas (ugh... not the boys' best)
2) PopMart Rotterdam (televised on MTV Europe)
3) Elevation San Jose 4/20/01 (Bono calls it the best show he's ever done, afterwards)
4) Elevation London (the night Bob Hewson died)

Neenie said:
Streets from the Rotterdam popheart E.P, is the best version of I’ve heard. Better than Slane, hands down….

do you have it? i would like to hear it :)

That's it I gonna see if I can get my hands in the Please single , and also in this entire concert . It's definitely for me u2's greatest single.

pop marter said:
Thats so true! Streets from Rotterdam has to be the best version.

:yes:

It alone is already that awesome and with that bridge on Please :drool: Just hear the intro its just again so :drool:

The only thing that bites about Streets from this night was Bono's poor vocal quality - which is always better than most.

I love the use of synthesizers and the Playboy Mansion snippet, they really breathe some new life into that song.

Miricale_Drug said:
this was televised on MTV Europe? is it knocking about on the net then?

Dont`know if it`s on the Net but it might be?
They only showed Please \ Streets \ Lemon intro \ Discotheque and Velvet Dress of the show but it was awesome.
I taped it since I was at that show:wink:

It was a great show due to the fact that the band had a few weeks break since the 1st leg so they could rehearse more and Bono could rest his vocals.
I really tought Please and Last Night On Earth were the highlights.
But Gone stole the show for me , the version that night was:drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. The 2nd night in Rotterdam 07-19-97 was also very good but that 1st night was way better.

Dude I start to wonder , LNOE since the moment they really got it playing was already awesome , now I imagine in a night they were on fire , and it was one of the highlights , I can only guess Edge's solo was :drool: Always great to see great nights of popmart , and show again that the pop songs live can be as good as achtung baby ones.

J_NP said:
That's it I gonna see if I can get my hands in the Please single , and also in this entire concert . It's definitely for me u2's greatest single.

My favorite single too. It's amazing.

The Please single is the one cd that can get me through anything. I've cried to it more times than I can count. Please, Streets, WOWY, Staring at the Sun... :drool:

And, yes, hands down BEST version of Streets ever. :hyper:

Any more news on how I can get the rest of the concert?

There's must be a Pro Shot DVD from the COMPLETE concert :( so far I've only found amateur/pro-shot DVD's out there :sad:

This is a must have, one of my top 5 Pop Mart concerts :drool:

Back
Top Bottom