Popmart DVD in April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What bonuses on the second disc would you like to see? I'd die for some performance of Miami, Do You Feel Loved or Edge karaoke! Also bring on at least half an hour documentary!

its a shame that it isnt the santiago show.

whis would be a great opportunity to correct that error.

U2Man said:

:eyebrow:

There's nothing wrong with the Mexico City show. There might have been better Popmart shows, but Mexico City is still a good one. So releasing this one is certainly not an error.

And oh, for the record, I always considered the Popmart video a better video than the Zoo TV one. So this DVD will probably top that one. :p

bono wanted popmart to be an even bigger tour and extra-vaganza than zoo-tv. they failed.

Popmartijn said:

And oh, for the record, I always considered the Popmart video a better video than the Zoo TV one. So this DVD will probably top that one. :p

just no.

zoo-tv sydney is the best thing u2 has ever released.

U2Man said:

^ I know I'm in minority here, but I've never really understood what's the fuss about the Santiago show. For me the Mexico show is a much better representation of the tour, you can't find more superior version of Mofo!

U2Man said:
bono wanted popmart to be an even bigger tour and extra-vaganza than zoo-tv. they failed.

Depends on what parameter you're using to measure "failed" of course.

On VHS I liked Mexico better than sydney, so it would take a pretty huge screwup to NOT have the popmart DVD top the Zoo DVD

U2Man said:

just no.

zoo-tv sydney is the best thing u2 has ever released.

If either the full Denver or Tempe concerts had been released as Rattle And Hum, it would've blown ZTV Sydney out of the water. So would the entire show from the ZTV Special.

As a popmart bonus, I'm hoping they release the Dennis Hopper hosted Popmart TV special that broadcasted the Las Vegas tour opener. It was such a train wreck, I'd love to see it again.

Last edited:
About time, I've been waiting for this one, next up, Best of 1980-1990...

Zooropean103 said:
What bonuses on the second disc would you like to see? I'd die for some performance of Miami, Do You Feel Loved or Edge karaoke! Also bring on at least half an hour documentary!

2 things I would like to see (but given their past releases I doubt will happen):

1. A Year In Pop Doc - I really liked this documentary and think it belongs on this set.

2. PopMart Roadies - I'm not sure if anyone else saw this, it was part of a series called "The Professionals" I think ( I have it taped somewhere) and it was really good, it was a look more at the production and the work that goes on behind the scenes...

Back
Top Bottom