Popmart and certain songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw them in Oakland, California in the summer of 1997.
This wasn´t the best part.
I didn´t have enough money to see them (was making peanuts at the time), so I just decided to go down to the stadium to at least be around the energy of the place.
I was walking around when a woman came up to me and asked if I had a ticket. I said no and she in turn gave me a free ticket!
The show had just started so I ran in as fast as I could with no idea of where I would sit.
I showed my ticket to security, they waved me in towards the stage. I eventually went through layer and layer of security to end up about 6 rows from front and center, quite close to stage B-for free!!
Oh yeah, of course the show was quite amazing.

1. Wembley Stadium

2. No, though I wish they had.

3. Both were great, though I didn't realise it at the time!!!!!!!! (For me Last Night on Earth, Gone, Mofo and Miami are the sound of popmart

Discotheque had rocketted to number one, so everyone was expecting it to be played, though the extended version was so diff from the commercial release, I can't really remember what I thought at the time)

COLOGNE: Butzweiler Hof,
NUERNBERG: Zeppelinfeld,
HANNOVER: Expo2000
BELFAST: Botanic Gardens

DYFL is great but was not on the setlist for those shows.

LNOE & DISCOTHEQUE where great on POPmart. i always loved the transition from DISCOTHEQUE into VELVED DRESS
MOFO, MIAMI, HMTMKMKM and GONE were the highligts of POPmart

PS: oh my god, i just watched a few of the POPmart clips on youtube. what a fuckin great rock(!) show. that tour was the last tour when they played with balls.
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom