popmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bcrt2000 said:
has anyone ever bought these Popmart DVD's floating around on ebay? are they just the lowquality VHS conversion thats floating around, or is it a *real* dvd? i know there was a time that in some markets laserdisc/dvd versions were sold (like in japan) of certain movies when in north america distributers still stuck to mainly vhs.. i'd love to see a screencapture of one of these dvds

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=59009&item=6377044579&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

see now this one, says its 5.1 surround, it leads me to believe this may be a japan/european official DVD release, but the shipping is so damn expensive on this item, but i'd go for it if the guy offered full resolution screenshots of the concert

Popmartijn said:

It was never officially released in Europe and Japan either, so it's still a bootleg transfer.

There is an "original pressed" 2 disc vcd of popmart mexico from japan floating around, so i'm not so sure about being sure about that statement. That being said, this one probably is a bootleg transfer.

There have been many movies released in higher quality formats in Japan, ie i believe there was an official laserdisc release of starwars in japan, but north america didn't get a digital version until this past year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom