Popmart: 10 years on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah sure.
Santiago 98 is from a tv broadcast so sound qualities excellent, plus Bono's in great voice IMO.
Leeds 97 is very good too, I think George Harrisons comments earlier on that day really inspred Bono to give it his all and prove him wrong.
Tel Aviv is soundboard, so you can't go wrong there, but I'm not sure about Bono's voice.
Hope this helps.

AchtungGirl219 said:
Can anyone suggest a really good popmart bootleg for me to download (preferably with good vocals from Bono)?

LEEDS!!!!!

Greatest U2 bootleg ever.

I love the indoor up-close and person aspect Elevation and Vertigo tours.

But I think that POP and POPMART were the last time that the band took BIG chances. And I think it is time for that again.

In that, I am not saying the tour needs to be stadiums or a production number, as POPMART was...

...but I do hope that the next album takes chances, that BONO spends more time on music and in that, it might take those twists and turns that keep things exciting as Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree are.

Anyone think its the low point of the bands live career?
No.
It was a weird show with amazing and very dull moments.
Mofo and I will follow were great, best opener ever.
Then it was very flat, Gone was not really working, Real Thing was average, the stupid cartoon before LNOE was crap, LNOE was crap, the crowd was slowly sleeping until the classics, then the karaoke :help: and SATS were killing the show again (Bono siging the oh oh oh of this song must be one of the most pathetic moment in his life) then Miami and Bullet started and it was fantastic again,
The Lemon stuff with the guy/girl was long and boring, the big Lemon was atrocious, it was not ridiculous enough to be funny.
If You Wear That Velvet Dress was not bad, WOWY bored them.
Hold Me was great, One was ok.The end of the show was not very good.
The giant screen was not that impressive, the stage was nothing special
Overall 7/10

Re: Re: Popmart: 10 years on

guill said:

No.
Then it was very flat, Gone was not really working, Real Thing was average, the stupid cartoon before LNOE was crap, LNOE was crap, the crowd was slowly sleeping until the classics, then the karaoke :help: and SATS were killing the show again (Bono siging the oh oh oh of this song must be one of the most pathetic moment in his life) then Miami and Bullet started and it was fantastic again,
The Lemon stuff with the guy/girl was long and boring, the big Lemon was atrocious, it was not ridiculous enough to be funny.
Overall 7/10

Wow what show did you see, Vegas?

I thought it was probably 100 times better than what you described here.

DevilsShoes said:
Since its now a decade since this tour began, along with the Mexico DVD coming out at the end of the year, it seems like a good time to get peoples feelings on it. Is it anybody's favourite tour? Best tour of the ninties? I

Well it ranks up there with lovetown and Vertigo , and since Vertigo I could attend a show ....... but one thing is certain

Popmart live from mexico it's the best live show u2 released until today for me , there's no doubt in that

After watching to the Mexico DVD, I can tell you that Mexico is one of their finest live moments. Sure Bono's voice was weak on that tour butr that gave the songs a lof of emotions togheter with the three other bandmemember who played very good.

So the dvd change my thoguths on Popmart, I thougth Popmart was a good tour. But the VHS version was an unfair presentation. The dvd with better picture and a huge improvements on the sound realy show how good Popmart where.

With shows like Rotterdam, Leeds, Sarajevo, Mexico and Santiago. Well the tour is definitly not a low point :)

Peterrrrr said:
With shows like Rotterdam, Leeds, Sarajevo, Mexico and Santiago. Well the tour is definitly not a low point :)

And São Paulo , don't forget what the band say bout the shows , specially the 2nd one

DevilsShoes said:
Is it anybody's favourite tour? Best tour of the ninties? Anyone think its the low point of the bands live career?

Yes. Yes. No. I don't care much about ZOO TV and Achtung Baby, but I love Popmart and Pop :drool: (and I know people will be shocked by my answer)

Re: Re: Popmart: 10 years on

guill said:

No.
Overall 7/10

I loved the cartoon. To me, it pretty much explains the whole concept behind Popmart, as well as being a kind of commentary on our modern consumer society - "I went looking, so much to see...I went looking! I went looking for spirit, found alcohol. I went looking for soul, and I bought some style. I wanted to find God! They sold me religion..."

Popmart is my favourite tour. I can see how some people might not warm up to it as much as I did, but I just think it was genius. It really took Zooropa one step further...

Back
Top Bottom