Pop vs. ATYCLB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like VS are just a way to make conversation around here.. Never been a fan of them either, whether it's for songs or album, but I guess it's a good way to get people to express thoughts or opinions about the music. But comparing and rating is not really the way to think about U2, or even music in general.

I have to go. I might be absent for a bit. I will be back.
"Blue crack":yes:

"Take care of each other " right?

cheers then!

Sicy said:
I am responsible for most of the smilies :wink:

Then get us more please. We need one of a little guy holding a beer and one of a little guy headbanging. :)

I love POP and love ATYCLB. Don't think POP wasn’t a success as some say. It has some great songs, isn't that a success? ATYCLB is awesome too for what it is. You can really feel the boys are more laid back there but still struggling through life problems and questions.

I became a big U2 fan in 1999, and it's funny, but I knew a whole lot of the songs on pop *before* I knew they were U2 songs. And when I found out that they were U2 songs, it made me love them all the more, just because they're different and they were new and different to all the other U2 I had in my collection.

It was like discovering that my favourite band were a whole new band as well, that I loved just as much. And that made it all the more of a 'musical journey'

:D

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
anyone who thinks Pop stinks needs to go back and re-listen to Gone.

Or Wake Up Dead Man or Staring at the Sun or Please. A lot of my favorite songs are off of Pop.

The Edge said:

cheers then!

Ah! You're so addicted to Blue Crack already ! You just can't help it, can't you ? :wink:

ok, theres no ways you can compare these two albums, they're just way way way too different i think

now i've never been a big pop fan, i dont think its a bad album i just found it always a bit difficult to listen to... (hang on before you bite my head off)
but then yesterday i put it on at my desk at work and for the first time i actually listened to it, i mean PROPERLY listened to, not just heard it or had it on in the background and i'm like, "woh, this album kicks some serious ass"

so now i love it and think it rocks about and plan on playing it in the breaks i take between vertigo.
and i love ATYCLB too but for totally different reasons

i'm just pissed it took me 7 years to realise how good pop was - wasted listening time :angry:

kellyahern said:

That's what I was wondering after listening to it - I didn't understand the bad rap :shrug:

There's only a handful of records I can listen to all the way through every time I put it on. Pop is one of them. Every song on there is genius. I hope they play a lot of songs from it on the tour. I'd love to hear Miami. :up: :yes:

The Edge said:

cheers then!

cheery bye

kellyahern said:

That's what I was wondering after listening to it - I didn't understand the bad rap :shrug:

me either!
I have to say, Pop is one of my favorite...because i got into U2 around 1995.

and so when Pop came out...it was a big deal for me.
I love that album. I fell in love with it the first time i listened to it.

And i loved Popmart. first concert. first U2 concert. amazing.

I have to say, it took me a few times of listening to ATYCLB to get into it...but i absolutely love it..fell in love with it.

i love both. :heart:

EEK! Edge just replied to my post

The Edge said:

They are different LP's. They come from different places. The band was in a different spot mentally during the making of the LP's. I love both of them.

You wouldn't choose one of your kids over the other right?

The styles are totally different it up to the listeners preference.

:eek:

:wave:

Pop is way better. However, if you compared ATYCLB's songs when played live, it would be much closer.

be a dancing pop testicle
bean.gif

Back
Top Bottom