POLL: What's the one place in the world you'd like to visit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL! anyone comin to Ireland free to stay at my place, u can have the shed or the dark attic, take ur pick!!!!!

biggrin.gif

yea got it Douggie just aint had time to reply.........I always freak out all the time anyway......

in the past pple have freaked me out I even had a stalker once, (not that Im calling U one!!!!!
biggrin.gif
)

never worry......
wink.gif

alls well that ends well......

I really want to visit all of Italy! I want to see the history of it and all that great art!
wink.gif

I also want to go to:

Ireland
tongue.gif
and India.

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

somewhere NOT in ireland, ive never left here so maybe spain and France cus im studying them at school well have been for 6 years and never been to the country
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

on my list of places I'd like to visit soon are:
- Lapland
- Scotland
- Ireland (even though I've just been there this year)

when I have enough time to go away for a longer holiday I would love to go to:
- Australia (Sydney, Adelaide, hell even Brisbaine
biggrin.gif
-- only problem is that summer vacation would turn into a winter vacation and vice versa)
- U.S.A. (just go to some of the major cities)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I know this is a PLEBA-y answer but seriously Dublin to see their homes and all the U2 historical sites!
smile.gif

I also wouldn't mind going to St. Petersburg Russia because I've always had an interest in the Romanovs and Russian history. I'd love to see the Winter Palace! But speaking of winter I think I'd rather see Russia in the summertime. It gets too cold there!

------------------
~Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free, with myself~

Well, since I have been almost everywhere not quite but it feels like it!

I want to go DOWN UNDER!!! Never been!

But my favorite places to travel to: Thailand, Egypt, Ireland, the UK, Czech Republic, Slovenia, France, Italy, and Hungary!! Great places, in fact, I think I want to live in Ireland!!

Nooo, my college essays are following me around!! I seriously just finished writing one on this very topic.
I'd say Italy but especially Rome. The art in the Vatican *drool*. What a beautiful city.
I'd really take any city in Europe though.

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:

I also wouldn't mind going to St. Petersburg Russia because I've always had an interest in the Romanovs and Russian history. I'd love to see the Winter Palace! But speaking of winter I think I'd rather see Russia in the summertime. It gets too cold there!

Have you seen Anastasia? (the cartoon movie??)

skjuls--You're the first person I've ever met that said they wanted to visit Slovenia...it's a gorgeous country.

Doesn't anyone want to visit TORONTO??

------------------
*Starry, starry night
Paint your palette blue and gray
Look out on a summer's day
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul*

Finland- to go Aurora chasing, I am so fascinated by these mystical things and I would love to see them and apparently Lapland in Finland is one of the best places to view them.......but I would also love to go to Thailand and more specifically the little island of Kho Pang Nang- where they have full moon parties, it is cheap, tropical and only 8 hours away from Australia
smile.gif

London, Ireland(again, for both)Italia Japan and alaska! but I'd also like to swim with the dolphins in the Grand Camans! there's just so many beautiful places in the world!

Sulawesi, Indonesia.

But given the war-torn violence going on there, I wonder if I'll ever make it back.
frown.gif

Other places I've been to and loved:
Scotland
Ireland
Switzerland
Italy
Iceland
France
Singapore

Places I've not been to but would like to visit:
Australia
Vancouver, Canada
Greece
Norway
Kenya

I'm a global nomad really. I could live anywhere quite happily.
smile.gif

-sula

Tibet.

Can I just say how cool it is to see Australia on so many people's lists. It seems like it's now the place to go. Don't forget the west coast though - I may bag it but we have the best weather and the best beaches in the country!
wink.gif
It's a great place to come in summer and just laze around.

Originally posted by dougal55:
Anybody from Chicago here? Id sure like to know all the cool places I could visit if I ever end up in the Windy City.... thanks!

dougal

Well, definitely see the Sears Tower, especially on a clear day when you can see all around. The Chicago Art Institute is world-renowned for its huge collection of just about every kind of art. Also be sure to take some time out for Navy Pier, and take a walk in Grant Park. Then there's Michigan Avenue, where all the huge stores are. It's not always viable to spend a lot there, but always worth a trip. And of course while you're here, you'll have to grab some of that Chicago-style deep dish pizza. It's great stuff.

I'd say to grab a travel guide, and also determine what kind of stuff interests you, of course.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Salome:

- Australia (Sydney, Adelaide, hell even Brisbaine
biggrin.gif

Yeah thats right...Bris Vagas rocks! Doesnt it guys??

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Many of you have actually listed Australia. Can I ask...why?
What is it about this palce that interests you in particular?

I dunno and tho I dont speak for anyone here but I guess it has to be the lure of sunny weather, the prospect travelling around the general (VAST) expanse of the place, cheap prices, and the (apparently) great nightlife atmosphere in Sydney and Brisbane. Plus drinking Fosters or Castlemaine with the Aussies! (UGH! Fosters horrible!)
biggrin.gif

dougal

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Well, definitely see the Sears Tower, especially on a clear day when you can see all around. The Chicago Art Institute is world-renowned for its huge collection of just about every kind of art. Also be sure to take some time out for Navy Pier, and take a walk in Grant Park. Then there's Michigan Avenue, where all the huge stores are. It's not always viable to spend a lot there, but always worth a trip. And of course while you're here, you'll have to grab some of that Chicago-style deep dish pizza. It's great stuff.

I'd say to grab a travel guide, and also determine what kind of stuff interests you, of course.

Foxxern, you are ACE! thanks!

Hmmmm, the Chicago-style deep dish pizza sounds very appetising! *boom* oh darn it! My stomach just rumbled so you just made me starving!
biggrin.gif

Hmmm Navy Pier sounds cool but Im curious whats there? Navy ships or shops or what?

Anyway ta for your help.....and if you need to know anything about London (that is if its on your "must-visit" list) just ask me anything and I will give you some ideas....

Cheers

dougal

Back
Top Bottom