Poll: what is your favorite feature about U2's live shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

your fave thing about U2's concerts?

• people's reactions when they recognize the song, clapping/singing along etc...

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • added verses to songs (like One)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • added Edge sounds or solos (like Mysterious ways)

• Larry's drums (at the start of I still haven't found) - the "tss tss" sounding ones

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Bono stuff (snippets, speeches, song intros)

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • acoustic versions of songs

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • fans interacting (dancing, playing on stage)

• spectacle (light effects, lemons etc...)

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Bono going mental (the "fade away" part of Bad for example)

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters

I voted Bono stuff, but it's really a toss up of these three:

added verses to songs (like One)
Bono stuff (snippets, speeches, song intros)
Bono going mental (the "fade away" part of Bad for example)

I love hearing the songs evolve to even better pieces (which never seems possible while listening to the studio versions) and I have always loved how spontaneous Bono can be.

:love:

BostonAnne said:

I voted Bono stuff, but it's really a toss up of these three:

I love hearing the songs evolve to even better pieces (which never seems possible while listening to the studio versions) and I have always loved how spontaneous Bono can be.

:love:

Same *exact* thing with me!!! :bono: :heart:

good quiz! i hate having to choose!

I can't vote for only one. U2 is IMHO so fundamentally a "live" band. It's the entire shared experience in every aspect, which is generated by the contributions of the band and the audience in the moment. But I especially like

added Edge sounds or solos (like Mysterious ways)

None of the above...hehe...My favorite part is watching the four of them playing together, all of them grinning just like little boys. It's so obvious that they still absolutely LOVE what they do after all these years.

:bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:

The first one. It's very intense when the crowd recognizes a song and the roar goes up through the place, esp. Streets and the War songs.

I voted for fan interaction, but I must say what I enjoyed the most was the four of them interacting on stage with each other and the fans!!! I remember just standing there and looking at each member do "there thing!" It was just awesome to see them together working the arena to a fever pitch!!!:p

I said the first one, which I guess would be the closest to "atmosphere" cos that's what I love about U2, the atmosphere and connection they generate with the audience, oh, and the music ain't half bad too:wink:

Tech said:
I voted for fan interaction, but I must say what I enjoyed the most was the four of them interacting on stage with each other and the fans!!! I remember just standing there and looking at each member do "there thing!" It was just awesome to see them together working the arena to a fever pitch!!!:p

Yes, I completely agree!

hehe...i could've also picked one option if it was "what's your least favourite..." which would've been when bono goes mental. my least favourite moment from any concert i've been to or seen of theirs is when, for example, bad becomes an hour long song and he says "not fade away" a couple million times. :rolleyes:

but as for favourite, i like it when the crowd goes ballistic for songs, especially if it's an older, rarer song. i would love to be there and hear them play like 11 o'clock or something else, to see the differentiation (is that a word? lol) between the fans and those who are there because they like the new album or because it's "cool" to be there.

Last edited:
I voted "Bono stuff" but it's really a composite. It's also Bono going mental, the audience participation, Edge's guitar stuff....and the joy that they have doing the show, playing great music. This is such a crazy business, it amazes me that they still have that love for the music. That's special. It's *everything* about the whole experience. There's nothing else like it on the planet!

I'm on the fence as far as the 'fans'.....

You've got the "I only want to hear the hits" type up in the balcony seats.... going to get beers during songs they haven't heard on the radio....

Then you've got the freakishly 'need something else to do with their lives' fans who wait tens of hours for show so they can be right in front on the barrier EVERY time... even though they've seen the show dozens of times....

Hmmmm.....

Perhaps this is a new thread I should start....

Ahhh... the 'nerdiness' of U2's biggest fans.....

*I feel a flame coming on*

Seriously though.. some of you all scare me a bit with your level of 'fandom'...

Afterall... they're only people.. just like you and me... albeit... incredible individuals who have inspired many and achieved greatness.... but so was Ghandi and Mother Theresa (who evoked a greater emotional response from me being next to her than meeting Bono belive it or not.. though meeting Bono was pretty friggin' cool I tell ya!)

*clink-clink*

that's my two cents!

Bono going mental. lol. I don't know how often he did this, but all the performances I saw of All I Want Is You (one of my very, very, very favourite U2 songs :) ) Bono was very into it, very passionate, and the song was 100x better than it was on the album (hard to top ;) ) -- because of his passion and everything. And yes.. Bad is also a very passionate song, and I love it a lot too :D One of my favourites, partly because Bono is so into it.

[color=royal blue]OK Well I've never been to a live show.....but I've seen videos and DVDs and stuff!! It was still hard to pick. I said Bono Going Mental :) I like when he gets emotional. Crying during Popmart "One", I don't know if that counts...but....Oh Bono.[/color]

Back
Top Bottom