Poll: Pop your favorite U2 album? How old are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Age?

• under 18

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • 18 to 20

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • 21 to 24

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • 25 to 28

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • 28 to 32

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • 33 to 34

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 35 to 37

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 38 to 40

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • over 40

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
TheQuiet1 said:

That's probably only because Pop tends to be heavily criticised in other circles. Therefore people who don't hate it want to defend it. Most people like AB to some degree but not as many appreciation threads form because it's widely accepted that AB is a good album.

:shrug: People just like an argument! :wink:

Exactly. Nobody feels the need to defend AB, or really anything else.

And I'm sorry if my post was taken as 'negative' I thought this was a vote either way thing.

okay everyone, here's a novel idea, if pop is nowhere near the list of your favourites, don't post in here to tell us it isn't. it was a little humourous the first time, but now the joke is old and it's becoming borderline trolling.

you don't like pop? fabulous. don't post in here and then we'll know you don't like it.

KhanadaRhodes said:
okay everyone, here's a novel idea, if pop is nowhere near the list of your favourites, don't post in here to tell us it isn't. it was a little humourous the first time, but now the joke is old and it's becoming borderline trolling.

you don't like pop? fabulous. don't post in here and then we'll know you don't like it.

Well said.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

Well Pop's my second least favourite album and imo it pretty much stinks :reject:

Sorry, I had to say it :uhoh:

KhanadaRhodes said:

Sigh, I already fucking apologized, I told you I thought it was a vote either way thing and see who of what age thinks what. I did not mean to troll or spoil your fun. I really thought all opinions were being solicited. When I found out I was wrong, I said I was sorry. Sheesh!

U2Kitten said:

Sigh, I already fucking apologized, I told you I thought it was a vote either way thing and see who of what age thinks what. I did not mean to troll or spoil your fun. I really thought all opinions were being solicited. When I found out I was wrong, I said I was sorry. Sheesh!

Chill, you're reacting a bit strongly.

jonnytakeawalk said:
Sorry, I had to say it :uhoh:
no, you didn't. you're entitled to your own opinion but you're not entitled to break the rules and troll a thread and derail it. comments like this are just asking to try to turn it into a "pop? yay or nay?" thread. and given that this thread is so innocent, i'd really rather not have to close it because people couldn't bother to read what i said and actually quote me and blatantly troll the thread after i asked everyone not to.

U2Kitten said:
like namkcuR said, chill. i don't recall quoting you or saying "okay, U2Kitten..." i said EVERYONE. past and any future people who felt they needed to post and chime in "hay guyz i hate pop k?" but hey, your apology was accepted. but like i said, i wasn't even talking to you.

Khanada it's sad that you had to say that at all, given that all people had to do was read the original post...

Snowlock said:
Nothing negative about the question, just curious is all - plus I wanted to try out the polling feature. If pop's your favorite album, in what age range do you fall? Please don't flame Pop lovers or non Pop lovers.

There. no reason to post in this thread if you don't love Pop. this isn't even a Pop appreciation thread, it's just a poll to see the ages of people who like Pop. From the looks of it, most Pop lovers are in the younger generation...probably mostly people who got into U2 around the time of Pop (or maybe a bit before). Pop was the album that got me into U2 in the first place so oddly enough it's the most "U2" album to me which is probably why I love it so much.

Re: Re: Poll: Pop your favorite U2 album? How old are you?

AtomicBono said:
Khanada it's sad that you had to say that at all, given that all people had to do was read the original post...

There. no reason to post in this thread if you don't love Pop. this isn't even a Pop appreciation thread, it's just a poll to see the ages of people who like Pop. From the looks of it, most Pop lovers are in the younger generation...probably mostly people who got into U2 around the time of Pop (or maybe a bit before). Pop was the album that got me into U2 in the first place so oddly enough it's the most "U2" album to me which is probably why I love it so much.

Exactly. It is sad that people just read what they want to read and have selective comprehension like that. It was right there in black and white for all to see.

Well call me ADD sometimes I don't read anything but the title and the last post, and I saw a poll, and I was like Beavis, look at the picture, the Washington Monument, huh huh, huh huh.

As my Daddy used to say, ASSUME= make an ASS out of U and ME

AtomicBono said:
Pop was the album that got me into U2 in the first place so oddly enough it's the most "U2" album to me which is probably why I love it so much.
mayhaps we should have a poll to see if there's any sort of correlation between what was the first album that got you into U2 and what's your favourite album. we may have had these before but i'm too lazy to search. :wink:

jonnytakeawalk said:
Interesting that almost 90% of pop fans are under the age of 32

Makes sense really. The songs on pop are definately geared towards a younger audience

I thought that initially too. But, we really don't know the average age of all interferencers. If 90% of all interferencers are under the age of 32, then the poll results don't mean much.

Snowlock said:

I thought that initially too. But, we really don't know the average age of all interferencers. If 90% of all interferencers are under the age of 32, then the poll results don't mean much.

I think the only way to get an idea if there is a co-relation between age and favourite album is to set up a poll for every album(including Pop again since some voted when it was their second, third fave album) and have each person only vote in one poll, they're favourite album.

I dont think Pop was necessarly about gearing towards a younger audience but a more open minded one about a new sound. What I find very funny is that Achtung Baby is a much more "processed" album and it seems to be loved by people over 30. Not sure why that is but I can say it more then likely has to do with the fact that they were young when it came out, not so young when Pop came out.

Im glad the over 35 crowd doesnt dictate what U2 is doing or they would have been retired a long time ago by the results of this poll.

Yahweh said:

Im glad the over 35 crowd doesnt dictate what U2 is doing or they would have been retired a long time ago by the results of this poll.

Haha, agreed...though it's amazing the age range of U2 fans, and you have to respect the people who have been following the band from day one. If I could go back in time I'd go to 1980 as a young teenager and get into U2 then :wink:

It's interesting that [from what I saw in Chicago anyway] the average age of U2 fans is about 20-30, most of them looked to be in their young to mid 20s...lots of hawt U2 college boys :drool: but it's pretty impressive to have the average age of your audience be about half your age!! though the age range of a U2 concert is amazing, you see everyone from little tykes to old people that look like they're about to keel over...and instead they're rocking out to U2 :rockon:

Yahweh said:

Huh. Then maybe you can explain why U2 have returned for the most part to their 80's sound?

I consider that it might fall to people who is 30 or lower, since that kind of music's pretty new, and usually younger people tend to be attracted by it, anyway I dunno... good question though :wink:

I really love all U2 albums, but if I really wanna dance... then you bet Pop (or then Zooropa) is on!! Although it is not my fav album :D

They had lots of the 80s sound on the Pop record as well but a certain generation of fans chose to ignore that fact.

U2 is doing what they want to do now because they want to do it not because a bunch of blowhard fans tell them to do it.

In the end it isnt the old generation of people that keep U2 going it is the new fans they attract each and every record. Some fans are lost but usually more fans are gained with each and every release.

The secret to longevity is building your fanbase slowly from album to album and that U2 has mastered the art of doing.

Back
Top Bottom