Poll: do you think that Bono will be...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will he be considered one of the best vocals?

• Yes, i think he is among the greatest

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • No, i don't think so

Votes: 13 19.7%

• Total voters

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
considered one of best/most memorable vocals, up with Elvis, Roy Orbison, Sinatra, Freddie Mercury, Mick Jagger, Eddie Vedder etc (include anyone you like here) ?

Last edited:
Sicy said:
How comes you didnt post this in main?

In EYKIW? Well, i thought since we're only talking about Bono and technically not U2 as a whole it would be better suited here.

:shrug: It can still be moved in EYKIW in any case.

I voted Yes, but I'm not quite sure whether he will be considered that way by the public and the music establishment. Actually, for some reason, I think yes by the public, maybe not yes by the music establishment.

Incidentally, some of my other "greats" would be Sting, Robert Plant, Freddie Mercury, Neil Finn, and Jeff Buckley. I'm biased against my own sex in this regard--I don't think any female vocalists are remotely close to the greatest male vocalists.

He's already there IMO! He's right up there with Robert Plant, Roger Daltrey, Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler and The Beatles as one of the best and distinctive voices in rock.:)

Scatteroflight I love your sig:yes:

U2girl said:
considered one of best/most memorable vocals, up with Elvis, Roy Orbison, Sinatra, Freddie Mercury, Mick Jagger, Eddie Vedder etc (include anyone you like here) ?

Hrmm... 5 classics and Eddie Vedder? I know he's popular, and PJ fans love his voice, but he will not be recognized for one of the most memorable vocal superstars.

He's has a great rock voice, but I would venture that Chris Cornell has a greater range for rock than Eddie does. Just MO, though. :)

Re: Re: Poll: do you think that Bono will be...

HelloAngel said:

Hrmm... 5 classics and Eddie Vedder? I know he's popular, and PJ fans love his voice, but he will not be recognized for one of the most memorable vocal superstars.

He's has a great rock voice, but I would venture that Chris Cornell has a greater range for rock than Eddie does. Just MO, though. :)

I agree. Eddie and Pearl Jam have got to be the most overrated band in history!

BTW I voted yes for Bono! :up:

IMO he is. I don't think that the majority of people who aren't really U2 fans would agree though :( I think he has a beautiful distinctive voice :happy:

And grrrrrr to anyone who thinks PJ are over-rated... :sad: :angry:

I think he will be remembered as having one of the most, if not THE most, unique and passionate rock voices ever. There is absolutely nobody who sounds like him. :heart: :bono: :heart:

Ask anyone ya know to listen to "BAD" at Live Aid but before the song is over they'll:shocked: :ohmy: :drool: :bono: :angel: :dance: :cute: :heart: and thy'll be doing this:banghead: :reject: for not having heard BONO before!!

First of all, I am not a diehard PJ fan, but I have to agree that Eddie Vedar has an incredible voice that is known. PJ is Eddie's voice.

As for Bono's voice, in the eighties and early nineties, it was amazing. But now...well, even Bono has said "my voice is not what it once was, I've lost the high range". Lately it's easy to see that he is having a harder time hitting notes (like Boston Elevation DVD). Because of this, I think that perhaps his voice will not go down in history. I cringe when I hear it, but I know so many lukewarm fans who think he can't sing very well anymore. It's sad. Damn smoking!

Back
Top Bottom