Poll: Best Elevation Tour Opening Band/Artist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Elevation Tour Opening Band/Artist?

• The Corrs

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Nelly Furtado

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PJ Harvey

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Stereophonics

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • JJ72

• Kelis

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Relish

• Coldplay

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Garbage

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • No Doubt

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters

Naya

Refugee
Best Elevation Tour Opening Band/Artist?

Between PJ Harvey and Garbage, I would have to say Garbage ! I liked Shirley's stage presence better than PJ...but PJ is still a great artist

Last edited:
I voted for Red Hot Chili Pepper because they're my favorite of those listed, even though I only got to see PJ Harvey for Elevation.

I only saw Garbage and PJ Harvey, and I enjoyed Garbage much more just because I am a Garbage fan and knew all the songs they played. I only knew one PJ song, so seeing her was less enjoyable, although I think she put on a good show.

Garbage! Haven't seen them yet, but in three weeks time there'll be on our local Belgian summer festival...

I picked Red Hot Chili Peppers just because they were my favorite on the list, but I never saw them. I did see Nelly Furtado, PJ Harvey, Garbage, and Graham Parker and The Figgs (replacement for Garbage in Baltimore) I might just pick that last one of the ones I saw. Garbage was second. I really didn't get much into PJ or Nelly. They didn't suck or anything. It's just I wanted U2 and my feet were hurting.

I saw PJ and No Doubt open, and No Doubt totally blew PJ away in terms of putting on a rocking, lively show that got the crowd pumped up. No Doubt were clearly enjoying themselves up there, whereas it looked like PJ and her band would rather be having root canals...

Admittedly, the sound for PJ was horrible...waaaaay too bright, loud and I could barely make out a word PJ sang.

Last edited:
all I can say is that Kelis couldn't possibly be the best, though their drummer knew how to throw his sticks.....

mwoahh i voted kelis, only because i want it to be shown that possibly only one loser would vote for her. i am confident no one else will vote for her. it was truely a disgrace to u2 and music in general

no doubt were pretty decent, but i voted for the RHCP coz they are kewl and they rock!

i did not care for pj

Chilli Peppers were awesome! But you only got them at Slane... if I had to go for an act that opened more than once I would take No Doubt... but Chilli Peppers rocked!!!

I didn't see them, but I would have much rather have seen "Red Hot Chili Peppers" than No Doubt and especially PJ Harvey!

PJ Harvey - saw 3 times, okay, I bought her CD
No Doubt - saw once, good, but not great
Garbage - saw 3 times, fantastic, bought all their albums, went to a Garbage concert on their tour, it was wonderful, and I LOVE them :D

As if you couldn't figure it out already, I voted for Garbage.

Back
Top Bottom