Poem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jompen

Babyface
What poem is read in the pre-Zoo TV show from Dublin during the intro to Where the streets... It's an old man reading, and the footage is black and white. Anyone knows?

I can't say I know this, but I'm sure someone else will though
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 01-05-2002).]

Originally posted by Salome:
I can't say I know this, but I'm sure someone else will though
smile.gif

I might be wrong though

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Well, during the lovetown tour this poem by Jack Kerouac was rapped over the intro of Streets occassionaly, except on the 12-16 Dublin show a different one got read.. I'm not sure what that one was.

----
"...the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and evrybody goes 'Awww! '"
-Jack Kerouac, On The Road

it may have been William S. Burroughs. I remember seeing a film of him reading "A Thanksgiving Prayer" in a televised U2 gig around the time of zootv.

That's the one! Thanks barlowdog for helping me out.

Originally posted by barlowdog:
it may have been William S. Burroughs. I remember seeing a film of him reading "A Thanksgiving Prayer" in a televised U2 gig around the time of zootv.

Back
Top Bottom