Please vs. Please(Single)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Single version beats album version.

U2 worked hard to "save" the terrible POP versions with single versions and new mixes. They succeeding in EVERY song they remodelled. Please is no exception.

Cheers,

J

jick said:

U2 worked hard to "save" the terrible POP versions with single versions and new mixes. They succeeding in EVERY song they remodelled. Please is no exception.

:lol: Good one, Jick.

Single version beats the album version..........but the best studio version is undoubtedly the U.S. Radio Edit version......a nice short running time.....quite good.

jick said:
Single version beats album version.

1) Discotheque - POP version is better.
7) Staring At The Sun - POP version is better.

Good try, jick.......but I agree that the single versions of "Mofo", "Last Night on Earth","If God Will Send His Angels" "Gone (Best Of Mix)", "Please", the live versions of "Wake Up Dead Man" and "Velvet Dress" and the Jools Holland/Bono remake of "If You Wear That Velvet Dress" are all better........so, while the band has perfected most of the original album, "Discotheque" and "Staring at the Sun" got far worse.....

Last edited:
BigMacPhisto said:

........so, while the band has perfected most of the original album, "Discotheque" and "Staring at the Sun" got far worse.....

That's your opinion but I doubt U2 will agree with you...

Cheers,

J

TheRooster said:

Thats like saying you should smoke cigarettes because the tobacco companies say they are ok for you.

Please don't try to dissuade Jick from doing any dangerous things like smoking cigarettes.

You certainly don't want to mention that the auto safety institutions recommend driving with seatbelts, brakes, clear vision, etc.

I heard bleach mixed with coke is a really good thirst quencher!

laz

lazarus said:

Please don't try to dissuade Jick from doing any dangerous things like smoking cigarettes.

You certainly don't want to mention that the auto safety institutions recommend driving with seatbelts, brakes, clear vision, etc.

I heard bleach mixed with coke is a really good thirst quencher!

laz

Let's keep it civil please - one comment can be taken as sarcastic, 2 makes it just mean, and 3 is over the line.

As far as i'm aware, there's no Single Version of Mofo - just the 2 god awful remixes that were on the 'Mofo Remixes' single release + the equally terrible 'IGWSHA' remix.

:madspit:

Mofo (Phunk Phorce Mix) could be considered the single version....the "Mofo (Phunk Phorce Mix Edit)" is what I consider to be the "single" version as it was used in the music video......note that there's two versions of it, the music video one with the "audience" and the one without that........the one without the "audience" is easily the best version of "Mofo" in my opinion....

Back
Top Bottom