Please single mix or album version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getupoffurknees

Babyface
Who likes the Please single mix better than the album (Pop) version. Who likes the Album (Pop) version better than the single mix version?

Personally i like the single much better! :drool:

I'm probably in the minority on this one but I like the POP version better. The only thing I like about the single version better is the guitar solo.

This is like ask who was the better soccer player of the world , or basketball mates , of course it's the single , it's guitar driven , just like live.

Besides that avatar of getupoffurknees , the single of please , the one that haves PopHeart in it , it's u2s best single.

I like the vocal take on the album, and the music on the single version. Both are good versions, however.

Single for me, one of the few times (next to maybe Walk on and All because of you) where they improved the album version.

I personally prefer the single mix namely coz it's similar to the one I saw U2 performing live at Helsinki's Olympic stadium in 1997! Oh the memories it stires when I hear that song!!! :ohmy:

Last edited:
When you guys talk about the Single mix are you talking about the Popheart EP? Is the single mix the live version from Rotterdam? If there's a difference I have never heard the single mix then.

Hallucination said:
When you guys talk about the Single mix are you talking about the Popheart EP? Is the single mix the live version from Rotterdam? If there's a difference I have never heard the single mix then.

No. It's the mix used in the video.

namkcuR said:

No. It's the mix used in the video.

I see. Was the video included on the best of 90-00 DVD? I have it but haven't watched it in a while and can't remember. I'll have to check it out when I get home if it's on there to refresh my memory. Thanks namkcur

Hallucination said:

The PopHeart EP has 2 versions of Please as far as I know , the single one and live from rotterdam , both are just awesome.

Hallucination said:

I see. Was the video included on the best of 90-00 DVD? I have it but haven't watched it in a while and can't remember. I'll have to check it out when I get home if it's on there to refresh my memory. Thanks namkcur

Yes it is. You'll find under 'Special features' listed as a one of the dvds 'bonus tracks'.

J_NP said:
The PopHeart EP has 2 versions of Please as far as I know , the single one and live from rotterdam , both are just awesome.

That's the US version of the EP. The European version of that EP only had the live versions. The Single Version was on a separate single.

That said, I prefer the live version by a mile. I don't have a preference between the other two. They both have their charms.
:)

Back
Top Bottom