Please say it aint so...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it's true, I'm not that surprised. The tickets from the last tour were two expensive by half; the membership fees for U2.com are a money-grab; and the online ticket sales from the last tour were poorly handled. I'm for sure going to wait for the dust to settle before I try to get any kind of tickets at all. But then I don't care that much where I sit. As long as I'm there, I'm happy. :yes:

This may be wishful thinking, but I think that the info's questionable. Most of us are expecting GA for the next tour, so this Premium BS won't be happening with GA. The lady also seemed to be speaking on experience with other shows, instead of directly about U2.

So there's still plenty of hope. =)

God, if that's true, then i'm not going to be happy. At all.
That's appalling. If U2 allow that much to be charged, then they should be ashamed of themselves.

How much were the best Elevation tickets?

I posted this in the tour rumors section (as everything at this point is a rumor) but check out signatures network's website
http://www.signaturesnetwork.com/frame.php
under the ticketing section.
The information there makes it sound like the tickets are sold through the online store and they can vary the packages to suit the bands needs and wants.
I checked out an Incubus fansite where they were talking about tickets (they also use fanfire) and it seems they actually DID sell their tickets on ticketmaster. They had a code to enter during a presale where they could buy GA tickets. I don't think those tickets were marked up too much.
I seriously doubt U2 will be charging us $700 for tickets. If there are pricey tickets available, maybe they will include some sort of backstage meet-and-greet or entrance into soundcheck (and a personal foot massage from the band member of your choice :wink: ). Anyway, I would save freaking out until there's a good reason to freak out.

There has been a "significant markup" on every tour its just the extent of it that I am waiting for.

I expect the best tickets on this tour will be about 175-200 considering the last tour was 125.

Flying FuManchu said:
If U2 wants to beat the scalpers maybe they should charge a flat $300 a ticket...

see, now this is an appropriate reason to freak out...:)

Well the ladies that I talked to also confirmed the different level packages although no one specified the price or markup of these tickets. I am expecting to pay $300.00 for tickets in a good seat. Madonna charged that for lower level tickets last time around. Ticket prices are set by the band and the management. I am hoping the U2 and PM use some common sense for us poor folks. $700.00 is crazy.

how can it be $50 for GA last tour and a lot more this tour. I understand the idea of inflation, but, really, do U2 really think their fans can pay these prices?? :(

Come on people. U2 are not going to charge $700 for a ticket unless that involves, y'know, a backstage pass and making out with a certain hot lead singer :wink:

I'd expect the same as before, all prices raised $20 AT MOST... prolly not that much though. Oi... I'm so anxious for the tour to start...and nervous...I HAVE to get tickets, man. I need to get GA tix this time and get there early enough to get up front, and get "in the heart" or whatever they have this time...must...meet...Bono... :huh:

Gad! I freak out at $40 for a concert ticket. Christ I'm old. :huh:

I agree on the not freaking out part... I am already stressed out enough and all this speculation is just making me even more :crazy:

I wish they would hurry up with all official announcements concerning dates, prices and pre-sale info

:lmao:

Boy am i delusional....

martha said:
The tickets from the last tour were two expensive by half

Yet every single seat they put on sale was sold out.

Looks to me like they figured out the right prices for everyone - 45 the lowest and 130 the highest.

I doubt that 700 is accurate; that would be insane.

Madonna charged I think 300 on her last tour, compare that to U2's last tour.

U2girl said:

Yet every single seat they put on sale was sold out.

While this may be true, it doesn't mean the tickets weren't too expensive. It just means people ponied up the cash.

I did. Six times. :|

And if tickets are considerably more expensive this time out, I won't be sucker enough to go more than once.

Last edited:
Do you all belong to u2.com? If so, do they really allow its members to buy tickets "1 week" or so before general public? I guess what I am asking is the membership there worth the perks they say they offer?

U2 sells tickets at 700 bucks the place will be empty. Or at least half empty. I expect the tickets to be slightly more expensive on this tour but certainly not 6 times as expensive, like is being said in that thread.

Clear Channel and Ticketbastard don't care much aobut Bruce because even though his shows are legendary and his fanbase loyal, he isn't "hot" anymore. he's an aging has-been (sorry, I love the guy and have seen him and his band, but that's the truth. His fanbase is aging, he;s not drawing in new fans like u2 are. (Which is a tragedy. He can still write fantastic stuff. "Land of Hope and Dreams" is one of the best things he's ever written...)

I have said it before, and I will say it again: These 2 agenecies control the music and concert biz in the US and U2 have to kowtow to whatever they want. And I have been saying all along that since the concert biz suffered so horribly this past year, it was one of the worst in memory--not only becasue the tix were so expensive across the board but for the first time ever, as has been widely covered by the media, people rebelled by staying away. They refused to shell out for shows, and how there were even a couple of high-profile tours that stopped for lack of ticket sales. Rahter than take the bull, people stayed home. This is the post 9/11 economy, and people don't have that kind of money.

I've been saying all along that the Bastards will want to recoup their losses and lick their wounds by charging whatever they damn well need to, from their POV, because U2 are now not only the surest thing in the concert biz, but even "hotter" than they were before. Only a second Irish Famine could keep a U2 tour from selling out, as the saying goes. I wonder if some revising was done in the Clear Channel fron toffices after last week's explsoive CD first week sales.

I have decided not to do the Propaganda presale. I am prepared to pay a little upwards of $200 for decent seats somehwre in the lower tier, for 2 shows. And that;s counting fees. A friend in NYC knows I have a money situation and has promised to cover for bith me and himself in a ticketline. He has done good so far, he says.

We shall see..but I have a grim satisfaction in kwowing I might be right.:(

Last edited:
If U2 were such a sure sale in America they would most certainly be playing stadiums and they are not doing that. U2 are far from a sure sale in America in a venue that has more then say 20 thousand seats in many areas. They might be one of the hottest things in concerts sure but they certainly are not at the level of demand they were on ZooTV when they could have played each cities stadium twice.

I can't believe there won't be GA tickets, Ok you may be able to pay extra for special seats, but as long as I get in the venue, Ill be happy!!

tickets wont be too expensive, all you gotta do is buy them when they are first released, don't wait for ebay. but if u2 does do something crazy like sell them for hundreds of dollars, i wont support them any longer, it will be the final proof that they are in it only for the money. please don't let us down!

Flying FuManchu said:

I bet someone will then comment with the tired old quote of....

"Too bad... that just means more tickets for me."

I'm surprised they haven't! :laugh:

On a side note, the most I ever paid for a concert ticket was $140 to see David Bowie, 10 rows back--and that was through a ticket broker. It was completely worth it, but the $ still squeaked coming out of my pocket :| :lol:

Back
Top Bottom