Please recommend some songs from iTunes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phalanx

War Child
Ok, we finally got iTunes here in Canada, but I was wondering; what are some of the songs I should get my hands on? I have (and love) Slow Dancing, Smile, Street Missions, Xanax and Wine, Native Son, Beautiful Ghost and All Along the Watchtower at Point Depot.

Any recommendations? :drool:

Last edited:
From the rare and unreleased tracks that I have heard I would recomend: Xanax And Wine, Levitate, All Because Of You (Alternate Version), Native Son and Love You Like Mad, those songs are all great! :up:

I really like the alterntae version of SYCMIOYO also, it sounds a bit like WGRYWH. :yes:

The alternative version of ABOY is worth getting? I heard it was weak...

Phalanx said:
The alternative version of ABOY is worth getting? I heard it was weak...

I would recommend all the rare and unreleased songs, not because they're all fantastic, but just for completion's sake.

Flower Child's a good one.

And I'm liking the early version of Yahweh almost more than the album version. :eyebrow:

You have GOT to buy Auld Lang Syne/Where The Streets... from the New Year's Eve concert. Excellent!!

I would recommend pretty much all of the live cuts, unless you already have them...as so many of us do..!!!

That said, I'll also suggest--very enthusiastically!!!--that you snag yourself "Smile." If you pay attention to my posts (and I don't really know that anyone does...I'm sorta' really new up in here), you can probably tell that I like the stuff that's off-the-beaten-path and that I oftentimes shy away from whatever's universally accepted.

While "Smile" isn't really too atypical by U2 standards and while I don't really know what other people think of it, I just LOVE it and I can't see why it wasn't released ON the album or at least as a B-Side to a commercial single...and I will openly declare it the best song the band has officially released since 1997 (I think I still prefer "Mercy"). I love the lyrics SOOOOOOOOOOO much, I think that the basic, understated musical arrangements are quite powerful, and I love how much it reminds me of the "Salome'" outtakes. Great stuff, right here.

Also snag "All Because Of You," because it puts the SHIT ASS lyrics/vocals of the album to shame with a good, firm slap. And, yeah...if you still haven't heard or gotten a hold of the old-school demos, somehow, then those are ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. I would kill for a live "Street Mission." No shit. I really would. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom