Please question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have very much PopMart stuff. However, the live from Rotterdam version on the Please single is pretty emotional.

I'd say Rotterdam. AMAZING version, its so perfectly done, and Bono is very emotional during the song, especially at the end. Before the song, he says "let's stop fighting...please, let's talk." Edge's guitar is great. It's also a good selection because you can find it on the "Please" single, so the quality is perfect. It's worth getting just for the live version and the "staring at the sun" live performance, also in Rotterdam.

Last edited:
I'd say either Rotterdam or opening night PopMart in Las Vegas. To me, going into Streets was VERY emotional and powerful as he was yelling 'please' back and forth with the audience even into the first few chords of Streets. Try looking for a boot.

I actually think opening night of POpMart is quite entertaining and a special concert even though they had a few goof-ups.

I've heard NJ, Portland, DC, Rotterdam, Santiago, Sarajevo, and Johannasberg. All quite good, but I'd imagine the Belfast version would be one worth hearing.

remembered now that the mtv vma '97 version is also great, very intense. In fact, i ranked this song in my top 5 after watching that performance.

I've always said the best performance is 23 September 1997, Sarajevo. It leaves all others in its dust.

The version of the second night in Rotterdam is the one to me. Don't no if that's the one ended up on the please single. I guess the first one was, it was filmed. The second night was not, so it was full throttle for u2. (But most of the please live sounded alot alike)

I like the one from Hasta La Vista Baby as well as many others mentioned above. Please from M?xico is great, especially towards the end of the song, before launching into Street. There?s this special moment when Bono stops singing and simply says "please"...a single word, very emotional...then he keeps on singing again.

Tchau
MT

Back
Top Bottom