"Please" Live from Sarajevo - Holy S##t!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Who else out there has heard the version of "Please" from the concert in Sarajevo??? Holy shit what a fantastic version of that song. I have now officially logged "Please" into my Top 5 all time favorite live U2 songs. In fact, after hearing that version I must say that only "Bad" outranks it. Check it out if you haven't heard it yet. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. When you hear it you'll wonder aloud why the hell it isn't a staple in the current live show.
Shame.

I've heard it, but haven't listened to that bootleg in ages. You've now helped me make my decision of what bootleg to put on my iPod next.

Thanks! :lol:

http://s31.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=2XYY4KI8A2XD11VGHORM2HQ2DS

Here you go!

I think this boot was taken from an FM broadcast. It's a little noisy, but I'm not sure if there are better versions out there or not.

If you're unfamiliar with .com, copy and paste the link into your browser and replace ysi with . We have to futz them a little on Interference to get the links to work, or something like that.

Enjoy!

:hyper:

The version of "Streets" that follows it is amazing too.

"WE WISH YOU...PEACE!"

That was fun. Thanks for the link!

Bono's voice wasn't nearly as rough as I thought it might be, given the stories about how ruined it was that night. Still, there was one point where he sounded alarmingly like Yoko Ono. :wink:

:lol:

Thank god, I didn't get that Yoko vibe. Can't stand her voice....ick.

Thanks again for the link!

With pleasure.

Reeeeeeeeeemix!

Come on and sing it out now nowwww
Get up off your knees
So love is big, bigger than us
I was lost, oh yeah

If I remember correctly, his voice didn't sound really bad until later in the concert? Or was it earlier? Jeez, it's been so long since I've listened to the whole thing, I don't remember.

I was listening to it this morning, and his voice just GOES right in the middle of Last Night on Earth. Edge takes over on the choruses for Pride, and Bono's pretty much left to speak the words to the songs instead of singing. He pleads with the crowd to help him sing, and you can tell he's hurting.

I had to shut it off during ISHFWILF because I got to work at that point, but it must come back around Please or so, because he seemed to be singing that fairly well.

its expired again:(
can someone send streets and please to me please:p
im just discovering U2 live, and im falling in love with it:)

Back
Top Bottom