PLEASE Help with SETLIST!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickFly

Refugee
I am in the process of making a 4 Disc Box Set for a female friend of mine who is a U2 fan. she is not as well versed in U2 as we are so i am putting this together for her. Can you please help me with setlist ideas?

I did something similar for a friend of mine...What I did is recorded the hit songs that she knows for her, and I also added some of my non-single favorites.

that is what im trying to do also. i dont want it to be a GREATEST HITS sort of thing. i fell in love with u2 by their non-hit songs. eventhough my fav song is "one" it was the other songs that made me fall in love with U2

RickFly said:
that is what im trying to do also. i dont want it to be a GREATEST HITS sort of thing. i fell in love with u2 by their non-hit songs. eventhough my fav song is "one" it was the other songs that made me fall in love with U2

So you should include the songs that made you fall in love with U2. The "other songs". Whatever songs did it for you, should "do it" for her!
Good luck!
BTW, what "other songs" did it for you? Just curious!

What I like:
***An Cat Dubh***(a personal favorite)
Out of Control
Gloria
Seconds
Like a song
Running to Stand Still
Exit
God Part 2
Van Diemen's Land

That's what I would suggest(for now)

Here's a few of the non-"popular"-non-GreatestHits-type songs that I would put on there. :D

Rejoice
Scarlet
October
Two Hearts Beat As One
Like a Song
ASOH
UF (the song)
Promenade
Indian Summer Sky
MLK
RTSS
In God's Country
One Tree Hill
MOTD
So Cruel
Ultraviolet
Love is Blindness
Zooropa
Lemon
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Dirty Day
The First Time
Discotheque
Mofo
IGWSHA
Gone
Please
In a Little While
When You Look At the World
New York
Miss Sarajevo
Ground Beneath Her Feet

just for starters. ;) Live versions, b-sides, etc?

I think for the cover it would be cool to do a collage of pictures from different eras. I always like those types of things. What I would do is, when you're putting the songs in order, make it a song she would know followed by a non-album song or something like that to keep her listening...know what I mean?

nice setlist sula!!!!!

Allow me to add a few personal favourites..... "Acrobat" and "Shadows and tall Trees". :D

Back
Top Bottom